Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in the Traveller Community?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 5:47pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Living in Athlone the last 5 years, the last 2 months I've noticed a huge increase in the traveller community in town. Working in retail I've had an inundated amount of them harassing myself and other shops around the locality. And no I'm not stereotyping them as I know where they are currently living.

Maybe its just myself getting more noticeable about these things or maybe somethings going on? Either way its annoying and literally hurting our business (as well as other businesses in town)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Yeah travellers are prominent in Athlone and have been since I have worked here. Over five years now. It is impossible to watch them. I simply don't trust any of them. They are offputting to regular punters and invariably they pinch something even when they are buying. It seems to be in their DNA to steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Have noticed this a lot in most towns to be honest! I have a theory that the normal joe soap hasnt got the money anymore so are staying at home. As a result some of the less desireables are more obvious in towns. Might be way off but thats my theory!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I used to work in a hardware store.

Every few months one traveller kid would come into the shop and up to the bathroom showroom and take his pick of the toilets and take a sh1t in them.

It was at times like that i was happy i wasnt the lowest in the food chain among the employees and one could pick the lucky member to clean it out

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

snyper wrote: »
    I used to work in a hardware store.

Every few months one traveller kid would come into the shop and up to the bathroom showroom and take his pick of the toilets and take a sh1t in them.

It was at times like that i was happy i wasnt the lowest in the food chain among the employees and one could pick the lucky member to clean it out

Sorry about that. I didnt know they were just displays! I've matured alot since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Ive a family of them moved in beside me here there grand keep themselves to themselves which is not something that could be said about alot of the students

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

athlonelad wrote: »
    Sorry about that. I didnt know they were just displays! I've matured alot since then!

STOP SH1TING IN MY GARDEN !!!!!!!!!

Advertisement