Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Centre Closed Today. Why?

• 20-03-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭

Sun 20/03.2011
    I Had to collect someone in town and found the city centre to be shut down. What was going on? was really stressed out, had to do some illegal moves and go up one-way streets and the like to get around.

The person I was collecting was a stranger to these parts so I couldn't get her to walk to meet me or I couldn't park the car anywhere so don't go jumping down my throat for my actions, just want to know the cause for the shut-down.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

International Band parade on O'Connell St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

It was only the likes of O'Connell Ave, O'Connell St and Patrick St that were closed it hardly requires anyone to drive the wrong way up a one way street or other illegal maneuvers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »
    It was only the likes of O'Connell Ave, O'Connell St and Patrick St that were closed it hardly requires anyone to drive the wrong way up a one way street or other illegal maneuvers.

Damn straight there wasn't. I was going from Corbally to the Crescent S/C(on a Sunday, bigger fool) so just headed out the Dublin road and to the Childers rd. Problem solved. Little traffic. No big deal. Didn't have to drive down the canal bank footpath at all. :D

Advertisement