Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Us embassy Interview

Options
  • 20-03-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was just wondering what is going to happen when I arrive at the Us embassy in Dublin tomorrow?

I read somewhere it isn't really a interview process rather than just a show up and hand in forms kind of thing.

Anyone able to Clear this up for me?

Interview is tomorrow at 8am

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It has been years since mine, but from what I recall, it was nothing much only handing in the documents and a lot of waiting around before getting my visa packet. :) Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

I had mine about a month ago. Ya its kinda like what you have heard. You arrive at the gates go through security and they tell you where to go. Once inside you pull a ticket just like at the tax office.

Once your number is called the clerk will check you have the correct documents and then tell you to sit down until your number is called again. They will then call you up to get your fingerprints and you have to sit down again until your called for the interview part. The clerk will ask you various questions and if happy they will send you out your passport with visa attached within three days.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nokia08

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the information. It went well from what i though, Yup it was like the tax office, Guard asked what you were doing, visa, application etc.

Then your given a ticket number and then you take a seat! (it was packed)
    Oh as your going in there is a security check! So be early.

You go to a window and then you follow, going to window 3 for finger prints, window 1 for the interview. If you have all that is required it isn't that much of a hassle, I was only asked two questions, Where am i going and what will i be doing. Make sure that your fed! I was waiting 2 hours but that was because they closed early because of the st. patricks day festivities.

So guys hope this helped :)

Advertisement