Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor bill pay smart lite?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

anybody on this? thinking about changing from pre pay to bill pay. cant decide between smart lite 30 or smart lite 50. any negatives from people that changed to bill pay? the smart lite 50 looks like a really great value offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ive got the 30 plan and pretty happy with it. Got the deal for 25 a month for the rest of the year so even better :)

The only downside for me is that 1GB is not alot. Have to limit myself not to watch youtube or download large apps while data on so i wouldnt get overcharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

400 mins and texts would be a lot with the 2gb internet id say i should never go over that have iphone

Depends on your usage.

Generally i limit myself to boards.ie facebook and twitter. A lot of news and tech websites too. It lasts me no bother.

But if your gonna be downloading large or alot of apps and watching alot of videos 1GB wont last. 2GB will last obv longer.

1GB = approx 33mb allowance per day
    2GB = 66 mb a day.

Ofc unlike PAYG you can carry these for the rest of the month :)

Thanks for your help it's a toughy! Iv no access to wifi at the mo and I'm thinking there'd be no way possible of going over the 400 mins and texts in the smart 50. But is it worth the Extra money when the smart 30 would probably do me €40 versus €30!?

Well if your only taking out the contract its for 31 days. So if its too little you can upgrade.
    Depends on what what network your friends and contacts are on. Most of mine are meteor so I haven't used half of my texts and calls since reset period of 4th of March. I would like higher allowance for data though.

• Advertisement

Will you change back to prepay after 12 months when your free meteor to meteor are gone. The online offer is €25 euro for the smart lite 30 which seems very good. And the smart 50 offer if 40 a month is up the end of this month so the clock is tickin Tis decision time :)

Well if they remove the offer I'm moving away to JustMobile pre pay. They offer free calls and text to just mobile and free internet for 18 a month. I can easily make my gf switch :) sure she won't mind free internet too :)

I'd never even heard of them before ! Ya learn something new everyday :)

Their a newish company. They use vodafone's network :) its quite a decent offer.

You can pick up a sim in most shops. Spar is for sure handing them out

Site here http://www.justmobile.ie/

Hahaha even more of a choice now! :) I'l never make a choice

• Advertisement

Sure just try most out.

When i was back in school i went on a rampage from vodafone to meteor then to three then to o2 then back to meteor. So tried pretty much everything out there and just stayed with the rates and the customer service i liked the most :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Their a newish company. They use vodafone's network :) its quite a decent offer.

You can pick up a sim in most shops. Spar is for sure handing them out

Site here http://www.justmobile.ie/

Emm, Just Mobile looks like they are going out of business. Why would you switch to them?
    A winding up order is due before High Court next week.

ongarite wrote: »
    Emm, Just Mobile looks like they are going out of business. Why would you switch to them?
    A winding up order is due before High Court next week.

For?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Probably. But they said their bringing data add ons to pre pay.

Either way. Pretty happy with my plan now on meteor and its not breaking my wallet. So gonna stick here for now

Ive got the 30 plan and pretty happy with it. Got the deal for 25 a month for the rest of the year so even better :)

The only downside for me is that 1GB is not alot. Have to limit myself not to watch youtube or download large apps while data on so i wouldnt get overcharged.
    went in today and they said i couldnt get the 30 plan for 25 :( how did u do this are you on a 30day contract or 12month?

30 Day. I wanted to take it out on the website but u can't keep ur meteor number like that. So I asked in the shop and they set it up. It was an online plan

when i went in today they said that discount wasnt from that plan!!

See here. http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/smart/#plans-tab

I got the Bill Pay Smart lite plan.

I didnt take out a phone with it. But you can do that with Bill pay smart plan too.

First i emailed Meteor and they told me to take it out online and then i can call to customer care to transfer the number or call into a shop.

But when i called into the Meteor shop in Ilac i asked the sales rep about it how do i transfer my number online, he told me he could set up the same deal in the shop. And in a few days i went in with my details and he set it all up.

So maybe the sales rep doesnt know what hes talking about cause you can defo do that in a shop.

i was thinking that, i even got the code emailed to me and they still said it wasnt with that plan! :(

• Advertisement

Try a diff shop?

think il have to!

i called in to the same store today, and i had to show them on there computer that it was indeed possible for me to get the plan for 25! now just to decide do i need the one for 40euro!! haha

is it worth paying an extra 15euro a month for an extra 200mins 200texts and 1gb data?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

see at the mo im limiting myself stopping credit after 30 a month so i really dont know what id need.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just to through a spanner in the works have you seen this?
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/simply/plus

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Just to through a spanner in the works have you seen this?
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/simply/plus
    its 40 a month for 400mins and 400texts and 2gb data on meteor with 30day contract

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Sorry I read your post as 200 not 200 extra. Yep it's better with meteor. You do get free vodafone to vodafone calls and texts. Would you have more friends on meteor or vodafone? You can ask your current network to do a check for you on what you call most.

• Advertisement

meteor! i need to decide between 25/40 a month though! :D hate making decisions

Advertisement