Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On-line slide show - options?

• 20-03-2011 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Any good options for making an-online slide show for showing club pics? Something that looks classy but doesn't cost anything, preferably!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 grif04

all windows computers usually come with windows movie maker (just assuming you are on windows) which you can use to fade in out a slide show and add your own text etc, uploading it then to the likes of youtube is one option.

another option : http://www.slide.com although i havent used it, i tried a similar website years ago when attempting to host a slideshow presentation but the website i used was pretty ****, that one looks more updated.

I reckon a youtube account and hosting would be your best bet for now, personally i use private websites to host slideshows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

grif04 wrote: »
    all windows computers usually come with windows movie maker (just assuming you are on windows) which you can use to fade in out a slide show and add your own text etc,

+1

Windows Movie Maker is pretty good - easy to use & you can add music from your library as a soundtrack plus some fairly neat effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dubl

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

hi, just a quick warning....

im in the process of making a movie with windows movie maker (win 7, vista).

when i went to actually create the movie, the software hung. this is apparently a know issue, where it will do this when it doesnt like the file type. and its annoying as hell, especially if you find out the formats you used are not 'really' supported by this product. ie i used .fly, .mp3, .png instead of .wma, .wmv, and .bmp.

no where in the process as you are doing this are you warned against it, so just be aware of it, as its wrecked my head now for the last 2 nights.

so, its recommended you use .bmp for pictures, .mwv for movies and .wma for audio files....

i have to redo my presentation tonight, and ill let you know how it goes.
    here a link to the other forum i was seeking answers from....
    http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=240806

so hopefully, that will avoid anyone making the same mistake as i did,....
    its a neat little program, but this issue annoyed me something rotten... :mad:

good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

so, it was a bit of a pain, changing out the pictures, music and movies, but once i did, i was able to creat the movie, so its worth making sure that you have the correct formats before you start, it will save you grief in the long run...

• Advertisement
Advertisement