Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kings of leon in slane

Options
  • 20-03-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I know this is a bit early but are there usually private buses operating for the slane gig in the meath area on the day from various towns across meath...really really dont wanna drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Yes. I would recommend Carolan's Coach hire personally. Used them for the Oasis gig and there was no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

On this who the hell is the support acts!? Kings of Leon alone for €90 is day light robbery unless they get a decent line up of 2/3 big bands and then the generic crap bands early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I think Thin Lizzy and possibly Metallica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

Eamonn Toal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

k_mac wrote: »
    I think Thin Lizzy and possibly Metallica
    Metallica support KOL? Jesus what has the music industry come to...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Metallica support KOL? Jesus what has the music industry come to...

They are far from confirmed so it may just be rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gmca22

MCD announcing it today at 4, any ideas who yet? Dont think metallica and thin lizzy will make an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Metallica are too big to support KOL, anyway most people going to that gig only want to hear Sex on Fire and Use Somebody so I don't they will get Metallica one bit. The likes of The Script or some middle of the road tosh.
    On the issue of the price KOL tickets are dearer than the Oasis tickets two years ago.
    Plus went to see KOL in the Point in December and they were over €75 and in the same venue 12 months previously I seen Kasabian for €38, so maybe KOL are overpriced robbing b***ards

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dotsey wrote: »
    Metallica are too big to support KOL, anyway most people going to that gig only want to hear Sex on Fire and Use Somebody so I don't they will get Metallica one bit. The likes of The Script or some middle of the road tosh.
    On the issue of the price KOL tickets are dearer than the Oasis tickets two years ago.
    Plus went to see KOL in the Point in December and they were over €75 and in the same venue 12 months previously I seen Kasabian for €38, so maybe KOL are overpriced robbing b***ards
    Can't see KOL picking The Script as support!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gmca22

so thin lizzy was right! stil totally overpriced, generic and boring! Oasis/Prodigy/Kasabian 2 years ago was a much better line-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Think its a drinking session in the town instead of actually going to the gig for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

gmca22 wrote: »
    so thin lizzy was right! stil totally overpriced, generic and boring! Oasis/Prodigy/Kasabian 2 years ago was a much better line-up!
    Oasis/Prodigy/Kasabian/Blizzards/Glasvegas, what a day that was.
    Elbow second on the bill aren't as good as The Blizzards or Glasvegas. I seen The Whigs supporting KOL at the Point in December, they basically started and finished and that was it.. easily forgettable.
    Thin Lizzy without Lynott and Bell isn't Thin Lizzy. It be like Tony McCarroll, Bonehead and Paul McGuigan reforming Oasis tomorrow and expecting people to take them seriously and not just as a tribute act.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Elbow are way better than The Blizzards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

kmart6 wrote: »
    Elbow are way better than The Blizzards!!!
    not a hope. its an outdoor concert. noone wants to be listening to dull dreary sh1t. they have a few good tunes. but not a band to get you hyped up in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

draffodx wrote: »
    Think its a drinking session in the town instead of actually going to the gig for me!

If you're in Navan theres a good gig (on paper) in the Round O starting at midday til 6 (I think) with Big Generator, Bomberband, 9 inch Trio, Furry Gilberts and others. I'm looking forward to that more than KOL and it'll save me 90 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Dotsey wrote: »
    Oasis/Prodigy/Kasabian/Blizzards/Glasvegas, what a day that was.
    Elbow second on the bill aren't as good as The Blizzards or Glasvegas.
    Sorry, we're all entitled to our own opinion but this really is laughable ^ :D

Advertisement