Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sabai recommendations

• 20-03-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Im going to try sabai takeaway tonight, does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Now your talking :)

Spicy Duck curry is a my fav on that menu so I'd recommend it if you like spicy food but IMHO an absolute must is weeping tiger steak you can ask for mild or spicy. Quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ziedth wrote: »
    Now your talking :)

Spicy Duck curry is a my fav on that menu so I'd recommend it if you like spicy food but IMHO an absolute must is weeping tiger steak you can ask for mild or spicy. Quality
    Surely there's something wrong (but at the same time awesome) about getting a steak for takeaway?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's not really a steak per se. It'd diced up like in a kind dark sauce. It really is to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Plus one on weepin tiger steak, it quality.
    I knew Ziedth would be the first to comment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

That weeping tiger steak is savage! I got it before with a hot spicy sauce which was black, very hot but delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Can I start up a thread to promote my business too? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

The do king prawns or salmon in a special red sauce too which is very very nice. I always want more sauce tough! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I was there twice and both times I didn't like the food :P So I doubt I'll be going back again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

Stokolan wrote: »
    I was there twice and both times I didn't like the food :P So I doubt I'll be going back again

Thai food is great there, but some people are just not into the flavours.
    We go on a sun night
    try the tasting menu
    2 large starters to share
    4 mains (Thai Chicken Curry, Tiger Steak, Duck in Tamarind Sauce, and a veggie stir fry, 2 sides of rice
    selection of desserts to share
    Tea or Coffee
    all for €30 pp
    can move after it, and great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I gotta put my name down for the weeping tiger steak too.. man its so good!! i was in flavor country for the rest of the evening.. washed down with a bottle of vino and i was a happy chappy :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

"20. Pad Kha Pao (Fried Chilli with Basil Sauce) (Spicy or Hot)

Your choice of meats wok stir-fried with chillies, onions hot chilli and
    basil leaves "

I love this dish with beef, made extra hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Their curries are savage too, will have to get a take away from there some night, havent gotten anything from there in ages.

Advertisement