Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a little bit of help...what is this

• 20-03-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

hi i cant think of the name of these devices but simply they sit on the top of a tv and and can be used to browse the internet,ive searched everywhere but cant find 1 probably because of the lack of a name:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

something like that but its about 80 euro cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I;m not sure they exist anymore as so many devices do the same job. Have you a PC? You can usually connect this to the tv. Like boxee above there's also apple tv and other devices such as the wii. I think they all squeezed out the device you're talking about

yeh i have a laptop but i rarely use it and want to give it over to my sister i think they used to be sold in lidl or aldi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Buy a laptop on adverts ie, pentium 4 cpu, cdrw, 500meg ram 130 approx, make sure it has tv out port , though unless you have a hdtv ,i ,d not advise you to read text webpages on an old crt .
    an sdtv would be ok for dvds or youtube ,if you are on a budget.is the tv a hdtv?

• Advertisement

ive no need for a laptop anymore i just need something for decent streaming and browsing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ive no need for a laptop anymore i just need something for decent streaming and browsing:D
    you need a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

or an iphone/android phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

buy an xbox or Ps3
    tv streaming,net surfing and games
    win win! :D

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    you need a laptop.
    or an iphone/android phone

already have a android but id rather watch programs online on my tv due to the bigger screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

hi i cant think of the name of these devices but simply they sit on the top of a tv and and can be used to browse the internet,ive searched everywhere but cant find 1 probably because of the lack of a name:P

I may be 10 years out of date here with this :D but are you thinking of a Unison box ?

I may be 10 years out of date here with this :D but are you thinking of a Unison box ?

i know what you are talking about its not that,it was just a small box that sat on top of your tv and connected through on of the ports and you could browse the net with it thats all it done,i cant remember the specs exactly but it was quite powerful......at the time:pac:

Advertisement