Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no 7 products

• 20-03-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

no 7 have a 3 for 2 and i have 3 vouchers so can anyone reccomend good products? i won't bother using the vouchers just for the sake of it but if there are some good things i will give them a whirl. thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I've used them on the brushes and muslin cloths, no complaints seeing as I got them for free! You can use them on Ruby & Millie too, their brushes are quite nice.
    I've always found their mascaras to be very natural, hard to get nice (imo) chunkey lashes from them.
    Nail polishes are hit-and-miss, they do get goopey quite quickly.
    The same hit-and-miss issue applies to the eyeshadows but I suppose you can have a swatch of them in boots.
    I haven't tried it myself but have heard good things about their illuminators.
    I have two at the moment, I'll probably try out the illuminators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Just to clarify, some of the products are less than the E7.50 given to you on the voucher, so you don't have to put any money towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

Their "sensitive" mascara is excellent. Short bristles, easier to define eyes and coat all lashes from root to tip.

The " perfect lips pencil" is great too- as the nib raises when the case is turned - it doesn't need paring so no wastage. Use as lip liner and smudged with tinted lip gloss. Gives lips definition and shine without looking overdone.:eek: I use 20 Nude which seems to be a popular colour as it usually sells out - if I see it I buy 3 !

Lip gloss - high shine spf15. I think the one I use is called smile. :D

If you really want to treat yourself the protect and perfect beauty serum is a great product and actually sold out when it first became available here. It has been clinically tested as one of the few renewal/anti aging serums proven to help reduce fine lines so got loads of publicity. Its very pricey though, around €26. (so not to be used on elbows!)

Just be aware that the cheapest product of the three goes through the till as the freebe, so I tend to buy 3 of the same product or purchase three with similar prices.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I usually get my brushes from No 7, I love them and havent had any issues at all.

They have some lovely new gel eyeliners in their spring collection right now as well, the colours have lovely pigment and are long lasting.

Eyeshadows are a definite hit and miss (mostly miss with me) I find them to severely lack in colour when applied.

Their Exceptional Definition Mascara is fantastic, I've tried a few different ones, but I always go back to it. It comes in the dark green tube and it has a little shorter part one one side of the comb for the under eye lashes and at the end for the outer corner and hard to get lashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

the peachy illuminator is very good.

the muslin cloths I though v. disappointing, far too small, I have some eve lom and liz earle and they are much easier to use

i got a eyeshadow blending brush last week, surprisingly happy with it, it's maybe a little bit scratchy but I got another today (they're 7, so free) to see if it's a little softer. Similar ish to the MAC 217 - not as good, but for zero pence I'm ok. Will use one for undereye concealer I think.

In general think No 7 is massively overpriced for teh quality tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I'd agree with getting brushes. That's what I did with my vouchers! They're not bad at all, considering most are around the 7.50 mark you prob won't have to add more than a euro. I also have the blending brush - does the job. I have an eyeshadow brush - just the standard flat one for packing on colours. It's fine. I also have an eyeliner brush...I've only tried it with shadow as I've yet to get a liquid/gel liner but does nothing with the shadow!
    I got their concealer stick as well. http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Quick-Cover-Blemish-Stick_15542/
    It's good enough. Covers blemishes well. Also use it under eyes from time to time. Quite creamy and thick. I find it a bit drying sometimes though. Maybe I should just use more moisturiser or something though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I usually get brushes with the vouchers. No. 7 concealer stick is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I love no.7 illuminators, they're some of the best out there imo and you'll only have to put about a fiver towards it. Not bad considering the price of Benefits High Beam etc.

My local Boots dont stock no.7 brushes afaik, Id love to try em out with vouchers. Must look harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I usually buy nail polish if I have the €7.50 off vouchers. They work out at about €1.50. My favourite shade is 'salsa', a sort of shiny dark red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

I really like the hot cloth cleanser. Skin feels so clean after using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I love the exfoliator its about €11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I use there reaction foundation (not the right term but it comes in a black tube).. I find it excellent for my skin although I have friends who hate it so try it before you buy.

Otherwise I have not been very impressed with the range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Ok so i went a little crazy....the girl put the items through the till in bunchs of three so i could use all my vouchers and get the 3 for 2. Each time she put one bunch through i got another voucher back though!!!! So i got loads of stuff. I'm happy that i got a lot so i can try out the brand as i have never tried it before. Most of my stuff is dior and i use clinique, estee lauder and chanel a fair bit too. So in a way this is a bit of an experiment for me to see if you really can get just as good quality for a lot cheaper. I'm aware that in part when you pay higher prices for brands like dior and chanel you are paying in part for better service and packaging....i am a sucker for packaging!!! But i'm wondering product wise if you can get similar products for the prices no 7 charge.

The girl that i was dealing at was nice, although she constantly stopped serving me to go to someone else who was standing around. Maybe she knew i was definitely buying and was trying to maximise her sales but i wasn't happy with this. Once or twice would have been ok but it was 6 other customers in total!!! I wasn't sitting down or anything just picking out products when she'd walk off saying she would be back in a min. Also her product knowledge didn't extend much further than what was written on the packet. She also described most of the products as being copies of other brands products, ie protect and perfect serum is a rip off of estee lauder advanced night repair, sheer lipstick is a copy of dior addict shine lippie, hot cloth cleanser is a copy of liz earles hot cloth cleanser, etc. I really don't like the idea of a brand copying other brands, mainly because i think they rarely reach the same quality and the brand itself won't be at the forefront with any product developement if its always running after what other brands already have...

I'll make a list of everything i got with my first impressions, after i've been using it for a while i will post back with the further impressions. For the record i have dry pale skin that suffers from small break outs and patches that are very very dry.

Radiance boosting hot cloth cleanser- used this twice, pretty nice. Doesn't remove my eye make up and stung the hell out of my eyes when i tried. The muslin cloth lightly exfoliates which is what boosts the radiance in your skin, ie removing the dead skin cells as you go. The product itself only cleans your skin. So if you have a cleanser that you like already try removing it with a muslin cloth thats been run under warm/hot water and you will see the result. I was told this was a copy of liz earles hot cloth cleanser. The prices are similar and the hot cloth idea is the same but liz earles is slightly more gentle on my eyes. Having said that liz earles isn't easily available unless you're ordering online where as the boots one is everywhere.

Total renewal micro dermabrasion exfoliator- haven't tried this yet but have seen good reviews

Protect and perfect serum- Feels like a primer going on with the silky texture not a serum. The packaging is rubbish in a lip gloss tube! Serums tend to be in ampules to keep the product well so i'm wary of this already.

Protect and perfect eye cream - Awful. Stung hell out of my eyes and the packaging is terrible. It somes in a little pot that has a very small opening. I think this product will be really hard to get out of the jar if i were to continue using it. My eyes were red after using it as though i had binging for a few days.

Protect and perfect day cream- not moisturizing enough for me but the texture is nice. Like the 5 star uv protection

Protect and perfect night cream- like this so far, my skin feels good in the mornings.

Time resisting day and night eye cream - this is a dual pump product, a gel for day and a cream for night. The gel feels nice going on and is easily absored, the night one stings a little and doesn't feel as nice as the day one.

Advanced hydration - good for moisture, definitely just as good as estee lauders hydrationist, at 20 euro vs 44 i will definitely stick with this.
    I haven't seen any difference in my skin after using these products, one colleague commented that i looked very tired. My skin does feel nice though. I have had the above for a week, below is what i bought yesterday...

Amazing eyes liquid liner- was told this is a copy of diors style liner. Its not. The brush is too thick to create a thin line and the hairs aren't structured enough to do anything creative with. Just wore it for 3 hours and stayed put, will test it out on a sat night

Sheer temptation lip stick - is more like gloss than a lip stick, similar to chanels new shine lip sticks but as nice formula. There are not a lot of shades of this

Moisture drench lip stick - not excatly a flood of moisture but is a creamy texture and good pigment, probably my fav of the three lipsticks. Tbh i have found my holy grail of lip stick with diors rouge dior. It has serum so its super moisturizing and it lasts for ages. If i really couldn't afford it though this could be an alternative.

Stay perfect lip stick- Texture feels quite crayon like but it does stay put. Sales assistant said the stay perfect range was a copy of estee lauders double wear range. I had dinner and it was still on but the colour had faded more in the centre of my lips than the edges and had bled, so i looked like i had cheeky scored someone, will try another method of application and see how it goes. So far i would not re purchase this as i run the risk of looking like a clown if eating or drinking anything.

I find all the no 7 lip sticks are prone to bleeding.

Amazing eyes eye pencil -this is good and stays put well, comes with a smudger which doesn't smudge it just fades the colour.

Perfect lips lip pencil- used once but i like it, seems simple to use although the colour range is extremely limited.

New triple protection tinted moisturizer - fantastic, my fav product so far. The 5 star uv protection is great and this glides on and dries quickly

Overall i think the packaging isn't great, and the products don't seem as well developed as higher end brands. As i already said i didn't really find the service great but these are my first impressions, i'm going to use everything for a bit longer and see how i feel about them then. Also all of this cost me about 160 euro between 3 for 2 and 7.50 off vouchers so i think i got a lot of stuff for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks for the review Slowmoe!
    Seems that they're generally just a bit hit and miss. Don't base your opinion of cheaper products solely on no7 though! Continue experimenting with other boots brands. As regards the no7 stuff being copies...that's just marketing. They all copy one another. It's like pepsi and coca cola!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Thought you could only use one offer at a time? like either the 3 for 2 or one voucher...

theg81der wrote: »
    Thought you could only use one offer at a time? like either the 3 for 2 or one voucher...

no i was able to use both, so i put three items through the till at a time, cheapest gets knocked off and then using my voucher i get 7.50 off remaining price. so picked up three lipsticks at 14 euro each, should be 42, as its 3 for 2, one is free so the price becomes 28, then take away my 7.50 voucher so i have to pay 20.50.

Today i've been asked twice what foundation am i wearing as people thought it was nice, its the new triple protection tinted moisturizer. This is definitely my favourite product, second being the night cream. None of the make up has really appealed to me so far. The moisture surge lip stick is my fav from the lippies but its still got a slightly crayony texture that just doesn't feel right on my lips. Anyone who doesn't like the crayon textures or doesn't know what i'm talking about should try one of the rouge dior lippies from dior, the texture and colour range is amazing. I don't think i will ever find something better.

If anyone has other cheapo products they would reccomend i'm all ears!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I love no 7 skincare range. They're make up isnt great but I do like they're moisturisers and protect & perfect range. I think for the price (i always stock up when its 3 for 2) its fantastic value. I swapped from elizabet arden to no7 and wouldnt go back.

Suppose each person has different skins so finding one that suits is half the battle ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

The NO7 Brand is good and I can say that its unusual for her to stop serving you as she is NOT on comission and her main focus is customer service...so Im surprised at that!! On the other hand, the products are good and I have a definite Top 10 (so when I get my vouchers...)
    1. Cleanse and Care Eyemakeup remover
    2. Radiance Boosting Hot cloth cleanser
    3. Instant radiance foundation (excellent coverage and staying power)
    4. Protect and Perfect Day cream
    5. Protect and Perfect Night Cream
    6.Blissful Body wash
    7. Exceptional Definition Mascara
    8. Nude Lip pencil
    9.Nail varnishes (esp the speed dry-only 1 coat needed)
    10. Purifying Sauna mask

I will say... the eyeshadows arent great, the colours of the lipsticks can be boring and the eyepencils DRY OUT FAST.

Other than that everything else is OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Thanks for reviews!:) I'm definitely going to try the triple protection tinted moisturiser. Can I ask does it stay on all day?I usually use bobbi brown tinted moisturiser which I love but its a bit expensive to wear to work so am looking for a cheaper alternative. Any cheaper brands I've used so far only last for few hours!

I've noticed that all No7 creams, toners, cleansers etc always sting my eyes, why I don't know!

Trying this is an excellent idea, its a fantastic product and great protection for your skin, but if I were you I would pop in and bring a travel pot with me, and ask the girl for a sample of it. I would go for medium unless you are VERY pale. They will have NO problem with giving samples, and the only reason I suggest bringing your own pot is because they never have any on the counter!!! I would say the same for ANY products... always try before you buy...Its easier than to have to either be stuck with the wrong colour or having a reaction to it. Funny you mention that about the creams.... TECHNICALLY ou should avoid your eye area...(easier said than done!) but I think it's the perfumes in them... they annoy my eyes too:o But in the case of any reaction you have the right to get a full refund as its not your fault!!!

• Advertisement

jenzersboi wrote: »
    Trying this is an excellent idea, its a fantastic product and great protection for your skin, but if I were you I would pop in and bring a travel pot with me, and ask the girl for a sample of it. I would go for medium unless you are VERY pale. They will have NO problem with giving samples, and the only reason I suggest bringing your own pot is because they never have any on the counter!!! I would say the same for ANY products... always try before you buy...Its easier than to have to either be stuck with the wrong colour or having a reaction to it. Funny you mention that about the creams.... TECHNICALLY ou should avoid your eye area...(easier said than done!) but I think it's the perfumes in them... they annoy my eyes too:o But in the case of any reaction you have the right to get a full refund as its not your fault!!!

Thanks for the advice. In which Boots is there a No7 counter with a clerk at it?I know in Blanch there isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

What is the coverage like with the tinted moisturiser? I am in the market for one for the summer, but I don't have the best skin, so would want a bit of coverage. I am currently mixing my own Clinique foundation with a bit of moisturiser which is a bit messy :mad:.

Also, how much is the tinted moisturiser?

There are definitely girls on the counter in Liffey Valley, Jervis and Dundrum... but if you bring in your pot and say it to someone in Boots in general....its no problem!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

*I love there brushes quick to dry after you wash them and nice and soft :)
    *The Instant radiance foundation is great and I find it lasts all day
    *Protect and Perfect Day/Night cream I used these during the summer last year, in summer my face gets so dry but my skin was lovely and hydrated the whole time (I may pick up some more :rolleyes)

And ncmc... the tinted moisturiser is about 16e.... there is no coverage... just colour, so if you want a bit more colour, get their liquid mineral foundation...its like a very light moisturiser, with SPF15 and I think Beige in that one is basically like a tinted moisturiser with a bit of coverage!!!!No more mess, Oh and that one is €17.95

And ncmc... the tinted moisturiser is about 16e.... there is no coverage... just colour, so if you want a bit more colour, get their liquid mineral foundation...its like a very light moisturiser, with SPF15 and I think Beige in that one is basically like a tinted moisturiser with a bit of coverage!!!!No more mess, Oh and that one is €17.95

Thanks for the info :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

Does anybody use their foundations?

I have a voucher, and I normally spend it on nail polish or eye shadows, but I need foundation so I might go for that instead if it's decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rachblue

I have the lift and luminate foundation at the moment (think thats the right name) and its not bad. My skin is very dry and is still slightly dry but it seems quite moisturising. It was about 20 euros. Im on the lookout for a foundation that has SPF and maybe some vitamins or something that is good for your skin. Any suggestions?

Hi guys, lift and luminate is nice, better for older skin though. In my opinion the best foundation is instant radiance, which is also good for dry skin, has spf15, has nice coverage but not cakey! It also lasts all day and I'm quite critical of foundations!! This one is €17.50, so with your voucher you'll get it for a rennet which is cheap for such a good foundation!! In terms of a vitamin foundation, there's nothing really I can reccomend, most foundations have an SPF, you could try a mineral foundation, but they don't enrich your skin, rather they don't congest it as much!! Bare minerals would be the most popular one but most brands are hopping on the bandwagon and have their own versions. I've tried the no.7 one... The liquids good but light coverage, the powder is good but can look dry and also has mica in it so it can look shimmery!! Both are €17.75. hope this helps:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Their exceptional mascara is exceptional IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

Lollers wrote: »
    Their exceptional mascara is exceptional IMO.

Nice try, No. 7 marketing department.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I have no7 protect and perfect foundation in Buff, I find it slides around my face and not great coverage at all, wears off easily and goes patchy, also it looks orangey, disappointing because it has an spf and doesn't irritate my skin.

Edit: but i love this no 7 mascara i have zero eyelashes and it does the job without being overkill, the wand is really good for my lashes.
    Also I use the stay perfect trio eyeshadow in eden 10 and i really like it, it wears well and looks well on.

kerash wrote: »
    I have no7 protect and perfect foundation in Buff, I find it slides around my face and not great coverage at all, wears off easily and goes patchy, also it looks orangey, disappointing because it has an spf and doesn't irritate my skin.

Edit: but i love this no 7 mascara i have zero eyelashes and it does the job without being overkill, the wand is really good for my lashes.
    Also I use the stay perfect trio eyeshadow in eden 10 and i really like it, it wears well and looks well on.
    Buff?! I will say... this is the most Orange colour EVER... I would never recommend that colour. it suits no one!!! In terms of the foundation itself, its fine, but for older skin, and older skin tends to be drier and therefore the founadtion will be oilier, so thats why its sliding off your face. What I would do if I were you is try their instant radiance foundation... its amazing, spf, hypoallergenic etc.... go into the counter with a pot and the girls will give you a sample, if youre fair go for cream or porcelain... cream is my fave!!!!

Buff?! I will say... this is the most Orange colour EVER... I would never recommend that colour. it suits no one!!! In terms of the foundation itself, its fine, but for older skin, and older skin tends to be drier and therefore the founadtion will be oilier, so thats why its sliding off your face. What I would do if I were you is try their instant radiance foundation... its amazing, spf, hypoallergenic etc.... go into the counter with a pot and the girls will give you a sample, if youre fair go for cream or porcelain... cream is my fave!!!!

I bought the Instant Radiance foundation yesterday on your advice jenzerboi and I am impressed so far! I went for the New Ivory colour as I am using a moisturiser with a bit of self tan in it, the colour is lovely. Coverage is nice and light and it gives a very natural look. It seems to be lasting better than my more pricey Clinique foundation. So well pleased so far :D

Do no 7 do any full or fuller coverage foundations? I'd love to find a good cheaper full coverage foundation for my broke days!!!

• Advertisement

How much do you have to spend in Boots to get the 7.50 No.7 voucher, can't remember!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

the offer is now over but think you had to spend 7.50 to get one.

How much do you have to spend in Boots to get the 7.50 No.7 voucher, can't remember!!
    €7.50 Spend gets you a voucher, only one per transaction so get them to split the transaction in order to get as many as you can!!!!

slowmoe wrote: »
    Do no 7 do any full or fuller coverage foundations? I'd love to find a good cheaper full coverage foundation for my broke days!!!
    there are two in my opinion- the new beatufully balanced foundation is FULL coverage, but very heavy, almost like cement. Thats only my opinion, a lot of ppl love it, but its for oily skin so you get that Matte, set look! The other one, which is amazing is the instant radiance... I get the same coverage out of it as DW (use it for my broke days too!!!) I put it on all over and a small amount where is need it most (everywhere!!!) and I get very similar, in fact a nicer finish to DW.And I find the staying power excellent. I put mine on at 8, cycle 14km to work, finish at 5 and cycle home and its still fine, thats a tough test to pass!!! Both are around €17.50 and have spf. Get samples!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

i was eying up the new gel liners. anyone know if they're any good? just upgraded to the holy grail of gel liners: bobbi brown. it's the good stuff make up dreams are made of. but a bit on the dear side for when i just want to dabble with other colours i prob won't get the use out of compared to black.

protect and perfect is a really good product and it doubles well as a primer if you don't have one handy.

if your looking to spend a voucher but have no real need of a specific thing i'd defo give the lip liners a look. they're the type of thing i think no one ever goes out to buy, but when you have them, and pair them with a gloss, it makes a subtle difference that just makes gloss much more polished looking.

• Advertisement

i was eying up the new gel liners. anyone know if they're any good? just upgraded to the holy grail of gel liners: bobbi brown. it's the good stuff make up dreams are made of. but a bit on the dear side for when i just want to dabble with other colours i prob won't get the use out of compared to black.

protect and perfect is a really good product and it doubles well as a primer if you don't have one handy.

if your looking to spend a voucher but have no real need of a specific thing i'd defo give the lip liners a look. they're the type of thing i think no one ever goes out to buy, but when you have them, and pair them with a gloss, it makes a subtle difference that just makes gloss much more polished looking.

Theyre ok... not great colours... I would go for the inglot one- its 15 quid as opposed to 14 for the no7, and is the best Ive ever used... definitely worth a go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I have recently started to use no 7 again since one came to a town near me and I am very happy so far with what I have tried. I think the bb cream the serum and the hot cloth cleanser are my favourites. There is a no7 voucher offer at the moment too so I am stocking up!

Advertisement