Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Training - keeps wetting herself

Options
  • 20-03-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am currently trying to toilet train my 2 & a half year old daughter.

I knew she was going to be difficult as she did not want pants instead of nappies and hated sitting on a potty or training toilet seat.

I have been trying for a week now and have progressed a little ... she will now do a wee when I sit her on the toilet seat or potty.

But she cant seem to know when she is about to go and ask me to put her on the toilet, instead she just wets herself.

Any advice on how to train her to tell me when she needs to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She's probably not ready yet, leave it for a few weeks and come back to it. My 2 and 3 month year old is starting to tell me when she needs to do a wee wee or a poo and we go to the toilet then, sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't but we always try just in case. I haven't started training her properly just yet as I know she's not completely ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Agree she is not ready. I heard the average girl is trained by 35 months, the avergae boy by 39 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My girl was 18 months, my son was 3 1/2 and my other son was 3 1/4, there all different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Our boy did it at 2.5 years (as in asking to go most of the time albeit with the occasional accident) but we've heard about others doing it both sooner or later. All kids are different and when she's ready, she'll make progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pinkyponk2

Hi everyone. OP here. Just an update. I was about to give up but thought i'd give one final shot at something i had heard about - leaving her bare from the waist down - and it has worked! She's going to the potty all by herself. Her little knickers must have felt a bit like a nappy to her and without that security she's naturally runs straight for the potty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Thats great OP!

best thing is not to force it, she'll get there eventually :) and seems shes starting!

Advertisement