Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strangeness with importing photos from Canon 450D

• 20-03-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

My 450D started doing strange. Any time I import photos from the camera, whether through the Canon software or directly through Lightroom, the images are always displayed really small, even though the full image information is there. This doesn't happen when importing from my 400D. It's very irritating.

Has anyone encountered this? It it some setting, or a glitch? If it's a glitch, can it be fixed with the existing photos? Or must I format the memory card? Any other ideas? It's so strange ...

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What do you mean by really small? At low resolution or just as thumbnails on screen requiring you to zoom? Also displayed where exactly? Lightroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

OK ... when viewing the images in either RAW Editor or Lightroom, usually the images display large, because I go through them in the view mode where the film roll is below and the image takes up the whole box above.

When images are downloaded from my 400D, that's fine, they view correctly. When downloaded from the 450D, the images are displayed very, very small (like 200px wide). This, of course, makes editing very difficult! However, the images are actually there in full res. But they don't display at full size. It's a really weird one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I know Lightroom has some very sophisticated importing options. Could you have inadvertently set up a different profile for your 450D.
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Lightroom/1.0/help.html?content=WS847BD167-EA03-4621-B104-BB6DBF8A4F89.html

Advertisement