Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit in the house!

Options
  • 20-03-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Myself and my bf called to a friend's house last night for a few drinks, our friend who lives alone in the house thinks he may have a spirit in the house, his mam who passed away (we think it might be her spirit) left him the house a few years ago. Last night anyway we were chatting having a few drinks when his phone rings on private no he didn't answer didn't even touch the phone just left it on the table and it appeared as missed call he then got a voicemail and the voicemail was us chatting in the room, there was a bit of static there too it was so weird. Can anyone advise on this??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sounds like it was someone having a laugh at your expense OP. Either your boyfriend or the person who lives in the house.

Pretty easily done... just ring from your mobile phone and let the voicemail pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Lexxie

I wish it was we were sitting on the couch and our friend opposite our mobiles were on the table there for us to see so it def wasn't that..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cc4life

only one option...torch the house and get a priest to bless the ashes

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Your friend could have had a phone in his pocket or tucked away somewhere, would explain why they didn't answer it instead of letting it go to voicemail.

Lexxie wrote: »
    I wish it was we were sitting on the couch and our friend opposite our mobiles were on the table there for us to see so it def wasn't that..
    Still sounds like the most likely explanation

Was your boyfriend's phone face up or face down? Did you check to see that it wasn't ringing from there? Did you pay his phone any attention at all or were you looking at the phone that was ringing?

• Advertisement

Some people have more than one phone, or occassionally borrow phones for playing silly tricks on their friends ;)

It was near mine and yes i did pick it up after to make sure it wasn't him and it genuinely wasn't he were really freaked out over it as a few other things have happened in the house too..

It was near mine and yes i did pick it up after to make sure it wasn't him and it genuinely wasn't he were really freaked out over it as a few other things have happened in the house too..
    Did he have a laptop by any chance? If you ring off Skype it's usually a private number.

As mentioned above, if your friend were really malicious he could have used an old phone which he hid in his pocket.

I don't know how it was done, just throwing it out ideas, but tbh it all sounds a bit too much like someone had a phone in the room. I'd be leaning towards prank.

Guys I know what ye are saying about pranks and the second phone believe me though it wasn't that, we have only the one phone!

I hear you dave and to be honest if i was you reading that post i'd be saying the same as you, he's not really that much in to computers doesn't use computers, he is no way malicious what so ever.

• Advertisement

doesn't use skype meant to say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Did the number not appear on the missed call?

Your friend doesn't have to be malicious to think it's funny to pretend the house is haunted. I'd say this is one of those scenarios where you will probably never be told what was done.

Even if it was a spirit making the phone ring, how would your conversation etc have been recorded on his voicemail? If it were a manual answering machine on a landline then maybe, but you're talking about a digital system that is nowhere near the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Why didn't he answer the phone?

Anyway, i reckon you only want to hear one reason for this happening so yeah, it must have been his late Mam. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

What were the other things that happened in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Mmm, just seen that all your posts are asking about psychics, mediums and fortune tellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

It's fake. Definitely. But believe what you like.

Anyway, 'Spirit in the house' made me think of 'Ghost Riders in the Sky'. I'm now being haunted (figuratively) by Johnny Cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Guys I know what ye are saying about pranks and the second phone believe me though it wasn't that, we have only the one phone!

Lexxie I think you people should avoid having hard drinks there again. Or better if you are so sure of spirit act than better ask the current owner of the house to call some professional. I think it will give you some peace of mind. Which is more important.

Advertisement