Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mancini's a bluffer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They've spent the bulk of the money they need to spend. Hence why they kept Given, Bellamy, etc around this year on loan / on the bench. They intend to fire sale a bunch of players this year to offset some further (more targeted) spending. Along with all that sweet, sweet Champions League Revenue.

Meanwhile, the pieces they already have in place have been bedding in:

Dzeko will have a full pre - season with the squad under his belt, Balotelli is a constant work in progress (but he'll get there), Silva / Yaya / DeJong will all have a full year in England under their belts.

One way train to the top.
    Totally agree - theres no way City wont win a PL in the next few years and probably a few more on from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

first time I saw the thread title I thought it said "mancini's a fluffer" :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Actually I forgot about that, so wouldnt that then make it less likely that City would dominate english football? Ive never properly read the new rules but I assume its something like you have to work within your own means, so by that I would assume Arsenal, Manchester United and possibly Liverpool would be the big beneficiaries of the new rules in place?

You can still sell players and buy with that, it doesn't count. There are limits on new funds introduced, think it's £20 Million the first season, £15 Million after that so you see why Chelsea and City splashed out in January. Liverpool to a certain extent too.

I suppose City should be an established top 4 club all going well, so they'll be able to build on it. The wage bill would be the big concern, for them and Chelsea, but that rule doesn't come in for a few years, something they'll be aware of though.

I'd agree Liverpool, Arsenal and United would be best placed under the rules. Stadium expenditure doesn't count either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    First step for them is Champs league football. They look like achieving that therefore hes doing his job well.
    I disagree. City have spent over 250m on players, winning the league should be the aim not just champions league football. Imo they are a terrible side to watch and are'nt getting the results week on week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'd be more shocked if City dont win the premier league in the next 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I'd hardly call Bellamy a waste,he was up there with Tevez as their best player last year.

I fully agree. He was brilliant last season. I personally would of kept him in the team for this season but he isnt any use to City right now and its unlikely he will be at City again. Maybe i would be very harsh on Mark Hughes to include Bellamy in the list and blame Mancini on that one but even if i excluded Bellamy, its still 100+ million wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Weird .

I was only thinking this last night looking at MOTD.

I think we will know more this time next year . Still a little early to say , but I have my doubts .

Advertisement