Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Finale bets!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man City made hard work of that....2 down....2 to go....Odds of bet are now about 4/5. Porto are 2/9 and Barca 1/2. Roll on wednesday night and me sitting in the Aviva cheering on Porto while stuck in the Braga end :D

Heading for the Aviva now to cheer on Porto....Dont care if its the most boring match in the world as long as they win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Heading for the Aviva now to cheer on Porto....Dont care if its the most boring match in the world as long as they win :D

Good luck mate and enjoy.

Well that was one boring match but Porto got the job done. 3 down 1 to go.

Need advice now lads. Do i let the bet roll or do i throw a decent wedge on Man U at 7/4? Was thinking 100. Then i could watch the match knowing if Barca win i win approx 300(minus the 100 i put on Man U) and if Man U win i'd return 175 on my 100 bet at 7/4.

Anyone advise me on the best route to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'd let it ride man. Unless €150 means a lot to you? You could Dutch your bet, by putting money on United to lift the cup and that way you'd win the same amount of money whether Barca or United win. Use this calculator to decide how much to put on it.

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    I'd let it ride man. Unless €150 means a lot to you? You could Dutch your bet, by putting money on United to lift the cup and that way you'd win the same amount of money whether Barca or United win. Use this calculator to decide how much to put on it.

Cheers...i know its not a huge amount of money but i just think it makes sense to sit there watching the matching knowing i've won at least 175 if Man U win the cup or around 300 if Barca win the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cheers...i know its not a huge amount of money but i just think it makes sense to sit there watching the matching knowing i've won at least 175 if Man U win the cup or around 300 if Barca win the cup.

It definitely does, but if I stood to win a few hundred quid if Barca won the CL, I'd be very confident of that coming in. Let us know what you decide anyway man, nice position to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

I'd leave it go. You've got plenty of value for money so far. If it loses you've still got entertainment from ur bet...

Ok i've come up with a solution and this what i've gone for. Got a mate to open a new PP account and he put €50 on Man U at 6/4 which returns €125. New customers get a free matched bet so another €50 on Man U at 6/4 which only returns €75 as they dont give you the "free" €50.

So as it stands if Barca lift the cup i'll be paid €372.75(€312.75 profit) and if Man U lift the cup i will be paid €200(€150 profit)

Hope that makes sense and im still rooting for Barca :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

When you open the new account and make your 1st bet which in this case will be 50 on UTD, will they not wait till that bet is settled before giving you your sign up bonus of €50 free bet?

• Advertisement

no the free bet is in your account as soon as you place the first bet. just done it an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

If your really lucky maybe paddy power will pay out early on one of the teams like they have with leinster, that way you could really make a nice profit :P

This bet will finally get settled tonight....come on Barca!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play mate!!

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Fair play mate!!

Cheers mate

Barca destroyed Man U...sorry i put anything on Man U now but fuuck it im delighted with my winnings....will throw up a summer bet in the next day or 2 :D

Advertisement