Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for starting a AH thread

Options
  • 21-03-2011 6:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Hi I started a thread on AH about a bloomberg hottie - it was locked because I mentioned Enda Kenny in a post subsequent. (told to take it to political forum *presumably because they are interested in these sort of threads!*) In fairness I did happen to mention Kenny in previous threads but still.....

The mod in question did NOT answer my pm's as to why even though he/she claimed to PM me. The mod said in AH he/she PM'ed me - this is a lie. I have no PM's from he/she. It was a harmless typical AH thread. So I started another without mention of the apparently unforgivable thing I did. This again was locked. This is blatant abuse of modding. I got no genuine explanation. Go back and look at the thread "Margaret Brennan whoarrr" in AH. This is no excuse for locking it. I did try reason with "hot lips" (although why I should have to I don't know). Anybody with a bit of sense would realise this was simply a silly thread very much in keeping with AH. I have been banned for this thread. It makes no sense at all.

In summary this reflects very badly on hot lips and I have nothing against him/her personally. I did PM saying that, you know, just let it go and we can be friends and all mistakes forgotten but this is an extraordinary abuse of modding. This person made a mistake and could not let alone admit but reverse it. It would have been very reasonable just to do that.

In his/her defence, which will be used, yes I started other threads. That was to show how silly the mod was being. Typical AH threads routinely locked. No mention of the apparently offending name the first time.

I am the first to admit starting new threads is provocative, of course. But they were very AH threads with no political dimension (hot lips excuse for first lock was politics).....Margaret Brennan, hot though she is, is not politics - it's actually economics!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi darkman2.

You started a thread about the appearance of FF politicians. This thread was locked and you were pointed in the direction of the Politics forum.

(this was an entirely reasonable thing for the Mod to do, over recent weeks AH has been inundated with threads about the election and the vast majority of them were moved to other fora or closed and the OP diverted).

You then started a thread about a US anchorwoman but seven posts into the thread started to bring Enda Kenny into the dicussion. The Mod then locked this thread as it appeared that you wanted to continue to talk about politics and again directed you to the Politics forum.

You ingored this message and then re-posted not one, but three threads about the same subject despite repeated requests from the Mod not to and questioned the Mod on-thread?

Can you not see the error in your ways here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

g'em wrote: »
    Hi darkman2.

You started a thread about the appearance of FF politicians. This thread was locked and you were pointed in the direction of the Politics forum.

(this was an entirely reasonable thing for the Mod to do, over recent weeks AH has been inundated with threads about the election and the vast majority of them were moved to other fora or closed and the OP diverted).

You then started a thread about a US anchorwoman but seven posts into the thread started to bring Enda Kenny into the dicussion. The Mod then locked this thread as it appeared that you wanted to continue to talk about politics and again directed you to the Politics forum.

You ingored this message and then re-posted not one, but three threads about the same subject despite repeated requests from the Mod not to and questioned the Mod on-thread?

Can you not see the error in your ways here?

So what if I bought Enda Kenny up? What are you saying - we cannot mention Enda Kenny? Enda Kenny was only mentioned in passing - the thread was not political. He just happened to be interviewed by the person in question. Incidentally the first thread was running for a long time until a certain mod came along.

The subject being posted about was not political, that's obvious. Only the first thread was. Enda Kenny just happened to be mention.

Sorry but clearly the mod is in the wrong here. The mod could not just admit being over zealous and reopen the thread.

The mod also lied. Telling everyone that the mod was pm'ing me.
    darkman2

I have answered all your Pm's.

The next step is to Pm a C- mod of AHs

Is that acceptable?

darkman2 wrote: »
    So what if I bought Enda Kenny up? What are you saying - we cannot mention Enda Kenny? Enda Kenny was only mentioned in passing - the thread was not political. He just happened to be interviewed by the person in question. Incidentally the first thread was running for a long time until a certain mod came along.
    The first thread had 20 replies and was open for 6 hours. Not quite an epic length by any stretch of the imagination.

There's nothing at all wrong with mentioning Enda Kenny, but given that you had just had a thread about FF/FG closed it looked more than a bit suspicious. I can completely understand why the Mod felt the need to close it.
    darkman2 wrote:
    The subject being posted about was not political, that's obvious. Only the first thread was. Enda Kenny just happened to be mention.
    Quite the coincidence though no?
    darkman2 wrote:
    Sorry but clearly the mod is in the wrong here. The mod could not just admit being over zealous and reopen the thread.
    While I understand why the Mod closed it I can actually see a case for reopening it if you were to be given the benefit of the doubt that it was, simply, coincidence that you mentioned Enda Kenny again.

But as you've said yourself you then took it upon yourself to re-post the thread three times in order to "show how silly the mod was being". It doesn't work like that and you know this. This isn't your first ban from AH, it's your sixth, you are quite aware of how things should and shouldn't be done.
    darkman2 wrote:
    The mod also lied. Telling everyone that the mod was pm'ing me.
    The Mod has said that all PM's were answered, and I'll ask that all PMs be forwarded to me to show this.

At this point though I see no reason to overturn your ban - you blatantly disregarded Mod instructions repeatedly and see no fault in your own actions.

The first thread had 20 replies and was open for 6 hours. Not quite an epic length by any stretch of the imagination.

There's nothing at all wrong with mentioning Enda Kenny, but given that you had just had a thread about FF/FG closed it looked more than a bit suspicious. I can completely understand why the Mod felt the need to close it.

Quite the coincidence though no?

If it was some other important person being interviewed I would have said so. It is a coincidence.

While I understand why the Mod closed it I can actually see a case for reopening it if you were to be given the benefit of the doubt that it was, simply, coincidence that you mentioned Enda Kenny again.

But as you've said yourself you then took it upon yourself to re-post the thread three times in order to "show how silly the mod was being". It doesn't work like that and you know this. This isn't your first ban from AH, it's your sixth, you are quite aware of how things should and shouldn't be done.

I restarted the thread with no recourse to politics at all. Was'nt that the issue? What's worng with that?

The Mod has said that all PM's were answered, and I'll ask that all PMs be forwarded to me to show this.

At this point though I see no reason to overturn your ban - you blatantly disregarded Mod instructions repeatedly and see no fault in your own actions.

I acknowledged fault in the OP. What I am saying is the moderator is more at fault. I don't see how anyone cannot see that. Having a thread locked because Enda Kenny is mentioned is rediculous. Why did the mod, instead of closing it, not just put in a post saying don't mention politics or whatever?

I think the moderator handled this in an over zealous and provocative way. I only had one contact from the mod via pm. Then the mod goes on to, in my mind, try and make me look like a fool by claiming I was being dealt via pm. Which was not true.

I think it's just inappropriate modding.

Anyway sorry if I behaved inappropriately for my part. Can I please be unbanned at least and just leave it at that. I was a little drunk tbf that night. Still reckon it was unfair to lock the thread but it's a minor thing. No point dwelling over it.

:)

• Advertisement

The Mod has shown me the PMs sent between you both and from I can see you sent on PM asking why the thread was locked and you were given a full explanation. Your next message was your ban message which you replied to but the Mod didn't reply to - fully reasonable reaction tbh as you had already started telling the Mod to "start thinking of defending [themself]".

Regardless of whether or not locking the thread was the right or wrong thing to do this is a moot point, as the ban was received for ignoring Mod direction, questioning the Mod on-thread and reposting a locked thread not once, but three times. You have a history of trolling on AH, you are well aware of how things work there and at this time I see no convincing argument to lift the ban.

Regardless of whether or not locking the thread was the right or wrong thing to do this is a moot point,

No it is not a moot point, excuse me. This is the type of reaction that starts arguments. I sent 4 pms to the mod. Only ONE was answered. The other was only automated ban message. Laziness on the part of the mod that only inflames a situation because it infuriates the poster being targeted. I have been very fair and balanced in this thread.

Did you see the first lock message - locked for using the word "Enda" and not much else - that's attrocious really. A simple post would have easily sufficed. In my view intended to rile me up. The whole demeanor of the way the mod reacted in this case was very provocative. Im supprised you don't see that.

So you are saying I take all the hit - nothing happens to the mod?, whom judging by pm's I have recieved from other posters in the intervening period who are telling me I have been unfairly treated.........along the lines of "no point appealing though as nothing will be done"

Also you keep bringing up this "6 times banned from AH" thing. I have been 6 years on boards with nearly 7,000 posts. Not to mention the fact most of those are for situations unfair to me like this one. Some not so. If mods provoke posters this is what happens.

As far as I can see I have been entirely upfront and honest in here and acknowledged blame for were I am to blame.

What was the point in setting up this forum if you won't be reasonable with me when I am being reasonable with you?

No it is not a moot point, excuse me. This is the type of reaction that starts arguments. I sent 4 pms to the mod. Only ONE was answered. The other was only automated ban message. Laziness on the part of the mod that only inflames a situation because it infuriates the poster being targeted. I have been very fair and balanced in this thread.
    If there are other PMs then by all means post them here.
    darkman2 wrote:
    Did you see the first lock message - locked for using the word "Enda" and not much else - that's attrocious really. A simple post would have easily sufficed. In my view intended to rile me up. The whole demeanor of the way the mod reacted in this case was very provocative. Im supprised you don't see that.
    I honestly don't see that the Mod was being provocative at all - AH is a very busy forum and the Moderators there and will often be quite succinct in their replies or Moderating actions, it's a simple matter of efficiency and nothing to dow ith trying to provoke a reaction. If they were to do that they wouldn't be Mods there.
    darkman2 wrote:
    So you are saying I take all the hit - nothing happens to the mod?, whom judging by pm's I have recieved from other posters in the intervening period who are telling me I have been unfairly treated.........along the lines of "no point appealing though as nothing will be done"
    A Mod locked your thread. It happens all the time, they're doing so in the interest of the forum, and you were directed elsewhere. You weren't infracted or banned, your thread was locked, simple as that. I really don't see where the Mod did anything wrong.
    darkman2 wrote:
    Also you keep bringing up this "6 times banned from AH" thing. I have been 6 years on boards with nearly 7,000 posts. Not to mention the fact most of those are for situations unfair to me like this one. Some not so. If mods provoke posters this is what happens.
    Perhaps no-one is trying to get a rise out of you. It seems to be your behaviour when you perceive an injustice that doesn't exist that gets you into trouble.
    darkman2 wrote:
    As far as I can see I have been entirely upfront and honest in here and acknowledged blame for were I am to blame.
    To a certain extent you have, but I don't think you understand that your actions warrant the ban implemented.
    darkman2 wrote:
    What was the point in setting up this forum if you won't be reasonable with me when I am being reasonable with you?
    I've been entirely reasonable. The Moderator took appropriate action, you responded very innapropriately. If you would like to appeal this with an Admin then that's the next course of action.

If there are other PMs then by all means post them here.

There are two other pm's in the mod's inbox.

I honestly don't see that the Mod was being provocative at all - AH is a very busy forum and the Moderators there and will often be quite succinct in their replies or Moderating actions, it's a simple matter of efficiency and nothing to dow ith trying to provoke a reaction. If they were to do that they wouldn't be Mods there.

Closing a thread because the word "Enda" is mentioned - nothing provocative about that at all. Also you will notice that the reason the mod gave for closing the thread was because of "politics". That right there gives me the reason to open another thread as the OP had nothing to do with politcs. So why close it a second time if that is the case? I got no explanation whatsoever either in that thread or by PM why the second thread was closed.

A Mod locked your thread. It happens all the time, they're doing so in the interest of the forum, and you were directed elsewhere. You weren't infracted or banned, your thread was locked, simple as that. I really don't see where the Mod did anything wrong.

Was the mod correct to close a non political thread on the basis that Enda Kenny was mentioned 7 posts in? That's what started it. I requested it be reopened on the basis that it was not a political thread.

Perhaps no-one is trying to get a rise out of you. It seems to be your behaviour when you perceive an injustice that doesn't exist that gets you into trouble.

Perhaps they were and I can't understand if you saw the thread how you don't see that.

To a certain extent you have, but I don't think you understand that your actions warrant the ban implemented.

To a full extent.

I've been entirely reasonable. The Moderator took appropriate action, you responded very innapropriately. If you would like to appeal this with an Admin then that's the next course of action.

No you have not been because you clearly don't understand the dynamic of why I feel hard done by.

In the interests of fairness I would like to make a suggestion.

In acknowledging my over reaction by opening new threads, and I have, I would take an infraction because I deserve it in fairness. No issue with that.

But I think the ban in this context was OTT and should be lifted on the basis that the original decision by the mod to lock the first was not the right call and could only antagonise. Also I felt I was being ignored which is quite provocative.

I see this as a reasonable suggestion on my part.

• Advertisement

Also I felt I was being ignored which is quite provocative.

You've said that you sent PMs that were not replied to, can you show these to me?

darkman has produced one PM which he claims was not responded to but it was addressed sufficiently on-thread. I see no reason to lift this ban given darkman's response to very clear Moderator instruction on his numerous re-posts of the same threads, his questioning of the Moderator instruction and what can only be concluded as trolling on the forum. This is his sixth ban from the forum and the duration is appropriate and warranted.

darkman2 would like an Admin to review the ban at this point.

This is all correspondence between myself and g'em refusing my suggestion of an infraction instead of an outright ban.

Re: PM's
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkman2
    Hi,

Message 1

Quote:
    You have locked another thread with no mention of Enda Kenny. Please don't have me take this further.

Reopen my thread and that will be that. All friends then.

BTW im NOT a FGer - he just happens to pop up in my threads as Cowen and Bertie did. Not my fault.
    I hadn't seen this one.

Quote:
    Message 2
    Quote:
    you have no leg to stand on. You have not only close my threads for no reason but banned me from AHers? Oh dear....
    No reply. Also no explanations were put on the threads which I thought strange.
    This was the reply to your ban message yes? Well to be honest I would be disinclined to reply to that too given the fact that you ignored all the on-thread warnings and instructions.

And notes were left on all but the last of your threads.

They were put in after I was banned. There was no message on them. Check the times of the messages. I may have been a bit under the weather but definitely there was no reply before I turned my computer off!

At the end of the day you have to ask did the mod make a mistake closing the first thread? Yes of course you have said as much yourself. Could it have been handled better subsequent to that - yes by both myself obviously and the mod.

So I think it is fair if I take an infraction to get the ban lifted. This is not a big deal really. I did say in my pm's that night that I really was not in the form to want to even bring it up here. I would not bring it up with you if I thought this was entirely me behaving inappropriately. Yes I am to blame - but the moderator could have handled it better and I think that is a mitigating circumstance.

The Moderator made no mistake in closing the first thread, none at all.

And I don't see that the Mod behaved innapropriately after that, you were winding her up and she did what needed to be done.

If you were upset with how it was handled retaliating in such a fashion is not the way to go about it. That is what this is all about. Your behaviour in responding to the Moderator.

As I said the ban stands, if you would like to appeal to an Admin that's the next course of action.
    If we're talking about the FG/FF thread it's exactly what I said on the thread, that's what I was referring to.

The thread about the anchorwoman - yes I will grant you that it is arguable that the Mod needn't have closed it. But it was not done with the intention to wind anyone up.

You haven't been picked on. If anything you made it your mission to provoke the Moderator in question.

I will not be lifting the ban, your next step will be to take it to an Admin.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g'em
    The Moderator made no mistake in closing the first thread, none at all.
    That is not what you said in the thread.

Quote:
    And I don't see that the Mod behaved innapropriately after that, you were winding her up and she did what needed to be done.
    You must think im an idiot. She was winding me up. How can you not see that? Im a long term member of boards I know when I am being picked on. Did I mention yet on the same day she closed 2 other threads of mine?

Well there is another item I just forgot to mention.

Now maybe you see why I have this problem.

I was picked on. I have been around the block here. Your probrably a friend of hers etc....don't particularly like me for whatever reason. I would not and have not been dishonest with you at all.

Quote:

If you were upset with how it was handled retaliating in such a fashion is not the way to go about it. That is what this is all about. Your behaviour in responding to the Moderator.
    What about her behaviour - what happens to her? I have been offered mod posistions before. I would not carry on like that.

She closed a thread because the word "Enda" was mentioned coincidentally in a non political thread.

What is so offensive about that?

She made a mistake. I make mistakes aswell. I have no issue with her. I just want to move on as I asked in my pm's to her that night.

So can I please have the ban lifted and an infraction put in.

I think that is fair.

Your behaviour following the thread locking was unnaceptable, your ban will not be lifted.

Quote:
    Quote:
    If we're talking about the FG/FF thread it's exactly what I said on the thread, that's what I was referring to.

Oh for goodness sake you talking about a completely different thread - this is only about the anchorwoman thread. That's what I thought we were discussing. Not the other threads.

I don't mind the other threads were locked. I said NOTHING about that. I accepted they were political threads. It was only when the anchorwoman thread was closed that is were the problem started. That was not a political thread.

That was my 3rd thread being closed for no reason other then Enda Kenny happened to be mentioned in post 7.

Can you see now why I have a case for the ban to be lifted? Yes I should get an infraction. But given the mod stoked the flames in the manner she did first by closing the thread for a non sensicle reason (leading naturally me to think she was serially closing all my threads) ignoring my pm's and not putting reasons on the threads themselves.

I don't know what more you want. It's clear this is not entirely my fault.

What do you want me to say - sorry? I did say sorry for the two other threads. But I won't see an apology from hot lips will I?

So I think it is only fair that I get an infraction and have the ban lifted.

It will be flagged on the DRP thread.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Your behaviour following the thread locking was unnaceptable, your ban will not be lifted.

Quote:
    Quote:

Oh for goodness sake you talking about a completely different thread - this is only about the anchorwoman thread. That's what I thought we were discussing. Not the other threads.

I don't mind the other threads were locked. I said NOTHING about that. I accepted they were political threads. It was only when the anchorwoman thread was closed that is were the problem started. That was not a political thread.

That was my 3rd thread being closed for no reason other then Enda Kenny happened to be mentioned in post 7.

Can you see now why I have a case for the ban to be lifted? Yes I should get an infraction. But given the mod stoked the flames in the manner she did first by closing the thread for a non sensicle reason (leading naturally me to think she was serially closing all my threads) ignoring my pm's and not putting reasons on the threads themselves.

I don't know what more you want. It's clear this is not entirely my fault.

What do you want me to say - sorry? I did say sorry for the two other threads. But I won't see an apology from hot lips will I?

So I think it is only fair that I get an infraction and have the ban lifted.

I have put my case here in an articulate and respectable manner. Please show me some respect with replys other then one liners.

How do I appeal to an admin?

darkman has produced one PM which he claims was not responded to but it was addressed sufficiently on-thread. I see no reason to lift this ban given darkman's response to very clear Moderator instruction on his numerous re-posts of the same threads, his questioning of the Moderator instruction and what can only be concluded as trolling on the forum. This is his sixth ban from the forum and the duration is appropriate and warranted.

*it was 3 pm's not replied to btw - I facilitated you with 2 of them (as above)

No, of course you don't. The moderator was flawless was she? Like I say I put a very strong case in a respectful and articulate manner just seeking a fair solution. But you don't want a fair solution so im happy for an admin to deal with this.

You put it like I am entirely in the wrong. You do that on purpose. That is why I posted all correspondence via pm above. Because I feel I put my points across honestly and accurately. You have made yourself dishonest in your post just now.

I would not have put so much effort into this if I did not think the ban was unfair.

The moderator did not act appropriately and therefore accepting I was somewhat in the wrong the mitigating circumstance against a ban is the way the moderator dealt with it which could only be described as provocative and antagonistic.

As I have said I think for my part I should get an infraction. No problem with that at all. I think that is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Oops.

I missed this last time I read this thread...apologies.

I'll review it this evening.

:confused: Has it been reviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi Darkman2,

I've read through all of your posts/threads leading up to the ban.

I've read through this thread

And I've looked at your history on boards.

your argument is that the mod should not have closed your original thread. Fair enough but there is a procedure for that. This procedure. PM first, if that doesnt work, go to the Cmod through the DRP.

You however, elected to follow an alternate path. You started creating new threads with the express intent of testing the mods to "see if you get a valid reason this time".

thats trolling and thats why the ban was imposed. Being a bit drunk is not an excuse. If it were, then anyone could use it as a defense for posting anything they want. It was your decision to post after drinking, it was your decision to create multiple threads.

Is a 6 month ban harsh? yes it is. Until you take into account that you have previous bans from AH for trolling, the last one being 6 months. This ban could well have been permanent. As it is, the ban for trolling stands at 6 months.

If you did not have a history of trolling (and not only in after hours) then yes, your suggestion of an infraction would have merit. As things stand, I dont think it is an acceptable compromise.

regarding the issue of PMs not being reponded to, that is a completely seperate issue and it is one i will follow up with the mod and cmods but the mod's lack of response does not negate your own decision to resort to trolling instead of following the DRP provided for exactly these circumstances.

Never mind the amount of time it took to get back to this....to me, and I have been on boards a long time, and have a high post count all this demonstrates is you are not really serious about this place at all here. What we have here is a club (im not an idiot - I know the c-mod knows the other mod, having a nice conversation via PM at my expense - a good bit of a laugh) and that's just it. Fact is I have been entirely honest and reasonable and have got nothing in return. If im such a troll how come I have close to 7,000 posts - if im such a serial offender? It's nonsense.

And of course by posting this message I know I have no chance left of having the ban lifted because it is a club. Why did I waste my bloody time with this? Obviously it's a waste of time. You have not looked at this properly at all.

Tell me something - have you communicated with the mod in question that the decision to lock the thread and continue to provoke was inappropriate? The mod told the forumers more then once that I was being communicated with via PM. A lie intended to make me look rediculous and provoke.

Also answer this - the thread was NOT political - so why close another thread with the same content and a different title (and a note saying it was non political) on the basis of the reason for closing the first thread? Loss of face for the mod is it? Would sensible modding not just allow that go? Why create a problem around that?

And what about the c-mod? Claims on here I sent him 1 PM that I sent to the other mod - I sent him 3 PM's that I sent. I reminded him of this in a previous post here. Crazy stuff. That is dishonest on purpose. He knows well how many PM's I sent him.

The fact that the mod was partly at fault suggests that my ban should be lowered to say 3 months or whatever but not 6 months!

End of the day - bad modding (I did add to it - I already said that) and that is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Never mind the amount of time it took to get back to this....to me,

that I apologise for. Real life got in the way which is why I'm responding instead of Bonkey. Its unfortunate but it does happen.
    and I have been on boards a long time, and have a high post count all this demonstrates is you are not really serious about this place at all here.

I've been here longer but dont have a high post count. So which is the factor that decides how serious we take boards? if I posted "me too" 7000 times would that show a higher level of seriousness? However, apart from once as a joke I have never been banned form any forum nor have I ever received an infraction and only once have I been asked by a moderator to edit a post. You however have a history of trolling. you have 6 previous bans from AH, all for trolling and of increasing durations. You have two permanent forum bans, again for trolling. That hardly demonstrates to me that you in any way take boards "seriously".
    What we have here is a club (im not an idiot - I know the c-mod knows the other mod, having a nice conversation via PM at my expense - a good bit of a laugh) and that's just it.

I never called your intelligence into question, I dont think anyone has. Do you *KNOW* that there is a PM conversation going on at your expense or are you just guessing? Is there any particular reason why you think you beign banned would be such a source of amusement to the cmod and mods of any forum? However, if you feel that your action, made of your own free will, had nothing to do with the ban and instead it was all the result of some sort of conspiracy against you, then there's really nothing I, or anyone else that is a member of this "club" can do or say that will prove otherwise.
    Fact is I have been entirely honest and reasonable and have got nothing in return. If im such a troll how come I have close to 7,000 posts - if im such a serial offender? It's nonsense.

your account history would demonstrate otherwise. You may have been entirely honest in this discussion but the ban was for trolling, and that was what you did. You started threads for the express prupose of testing the mods reaction and to somehow prove your point in a disagreement over a mod decision.
    And of course by posting this message I know I have no chance left of having the ban lifted because it is a club. Why did I waste my bloody time with this? Obviously it's a waste of time. You have not looked at this properly at all.

no, the question should be "why did you waste your bloody time making new threads instead of following the DRP in the first place". Thats what earned you the ban, not the original locked thread. And no, your post has nothign to do with the ban not being lifted, the ban being upheld after review by a cmod and an admin is the reason the ban is not being lifted.
    Tell me something - have you communicated with the mod in question that the decision to lock the thread and continue to provoke was inappropriate? The mod told the forumers more then once that I was being communicated with via PM. A lie intended to make me look rediculous and provoke.

thats a seperate issue and will be dealt with seperately. The issue under review was your ban from after hours for trolling. IF the mod was wrong about communicating with you by PM (and I do say IF because I have not verified that myself) it still doesnt negate the fact that you were, indeed, trolling AH. The duration of the ban was a direct result of your previous bans for trolling.
    Also answer this - the thread was NOT political - so why close another thread with the same content and a different title (and a note saying it was non political) on the basis of the reason for closing the first thread? Loss of face for the mod is it? Would sensible modding not just allow that go? Why create a problem around that?

I will discuss that with the mod. However the mod did not force you to continue openign new threads. you chose to do that yourself.
    And what about the c-mod? Claims on here I sent him 1 PM that I sent to the other mod - I sent him 3 PM's that I sent. I reminded him of this in a previous post here. Crazy stuff. That is dishonest on purpose. He knows well how many PM's I sent him.

I'll talk to the cmod about that as well.
    The fact that the mod was partly at fault suggests that my ban should be lowered to say 3 months or whatever but not 6 months!

Nope. there either is or isnt a ban. Once thats established the duration is decided. mod actions are a seperate issue and are dealt with seperately. Anyway, I thought you were suggesting an infraction instead of a ban? Were you under the impression that this is some sort of bargaining or negotiation?
    End of the day - bad modding (I did add to it - I already said that) and that is what it is.

End of the day, possibly bad mod communication (yet to be determined), bad decision from the user, correctly applied ban and correctly applied duration.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement