Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Onslow Garden, Commons Road area in Cork like

Options
  • 21-03-2011 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone is from, or knows of the Onslow garden area off the Commons road in Cork city (up the hill across from the commons inn).
    We are a young couple looking to by a house up there, and were wondering what the area is like. We went for a drive up there tonight and saw a fair few teenagers hanging around the place, drinking. Is it like that a lot or did we just pick a bad time (it was paddies night!).
    To be honest it is not the drinking that bothers us, if there is no trouble or vandalism around. Would really appreciate any feedback.

bladebrew suggested that I should move it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

its not a bad place. i have a few family and friends living up there. would not be the quietest as there are lots of families around, but they have suffered from no vandalism or crimes etc. id say its best to prob go up there a few times and check it out for yourself. it is close to all amenities, like shopping, pubs , schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 roomey

Hi,
    Yes, we have gotten some mixed feedback about the area. I think it loots ok though. We lived in the city centre a lot, and that was a bit hairy sometimes, the onslow garden area looks nice to me :) We have gone up a few times and have not seen anything bad really. Thanks for the feedback! We really appriciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 roomey

I have gotten mixed reviews of the area from different people, some saying it is lovely, others saying it is not great. One of the best things I heard though is that there is a good sense of community, that everyone knows everyone. I kinda hope this is true, as we live in a "new estate" at the moment, and we don't even know our neighbours of two years!
    We have made our decision anyway, and we are going to go for it :D - thanks for the feedback!

Advertisement