Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus v train to UL

Options
  • 21-03-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I'm heading to UL this weekend from dublin, what would be the quickest, cheapest way to get from Dublin to the University....having trouble finding my way around the bus Eireann site ...it suggests getting 4 buses. 3 of those are from limerick bus station to the university...:confused:

Thanks
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Route 12 drops off at the hurlers pub (5 min walk from ul) and cost 17.50 for a student return iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kube

ok grand, Where would I get this bus from in Dublin, is it a bus eireann Bus? If so i imagine it would be busaras?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

yes bus eireann goes from busaras.

also you can get jjkavanagh bus across the way from the custom house on george's quay. this bus goes straight to ul. timetable here http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/en/timetables/timetables-search

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Bus takes a long time to get to Dublin.

Train is faster but not as cheap- if you can book one of the cheap fares online for 10 euro it might be worth it. Get the 308 bus to town and get off at the second last stop on sexton street- then basically walk left onto parnell street, its 2 minutes to the station.

as mentioned above Kavanaghs does pick up on campus though.

Advertisement