Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hell of the West 2011

• 21-03-2011 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Has the TI website gone down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

looks like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

If everyone could stop trying to access the page, just for 2 mins, that would give me time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Technical issues are being experienced under the weight of users attempting to enter the Kilkee event. Please watch this space for updates.

No **** Sherlock!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

fairest thing to do is to offline the registration and officially re-launch tomorrow or whenever at 9am or whatever. Obviously the agreement with their 3rd party provider didnt quite match the demand.

Unlikely this will happen - and it'll be a free for all today.

Id imagine the capacity was more than suitable on active europe but it seems ALL entries have to go through TI for this race.

interested wrote: »
    fairest thing to do is to offline the registration and officially re-launch tomorrow or whenever at 9am or whatever. Obviously the agreement with their 3rd party provider didnt quite match the demand.

Unlikely this will happen - and it'll be a free for all today.

Id imagine the capacity was more than suitable on active europe but it seems ALL entries have to go through TI for this race.

Agreed.

Aw hell, f*** that, I'm sitting here pressing F5 for the rest of the day if i have to!

• Advertisement

Something came up at the Limerick Tri AGM about trying to reduce online registration costs for the Joey and HOTW so maybe thasts why they went with TI instead .... very reasonable in my opinion

You'd have thought TI would have tested it with a heavy load though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Something came up at the Limerick Tri AGM about trying to reduce online registration costs for the Joey and HOTW

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I think the problem is that there will only be demand like this once or twice a year. It's hard for a small operation to put the necessary infrastructure in place to handle demands like this morning when it's only required once or twice a year.

Then again maybe they shouldn't tout for business they can't handle.

pgibbo wrote: »
    I think the problem is that there will only be demand like this once or twice a year. It's hard for a small operation to put the necessary infrastructure in place to handle demands like this morning when it's only required once or twice a year.

Then again maybe they shouldn't tout for business they can't handle.

Dear Mr. Internet Provider, please could we increase our broadband capabilities between the months of March thro August for <insert price here>

I agree, but at a guess Id say they dont have an infrastructure and outsource the lot - thats what might make sense though.

Anyhow - its monday ... Im sure many peolpe require a coffee and plasters from hitting F5 for the last hour ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Im sure many peolpe require a coffee and plasters from hitting F5 for the last hour ;)

Thanks, white, no sugar please. I'll keep your place in the queue ;)

• Advertisement

after literally 6 or 7 screens on the TI site ... (put it all on one page with a single confirmation screen to reduce hits on server lads)

"Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you. "

hopefully thats me in - although Im half tempted to ring TI and mention that theres a problem with their website ;) and could I get my 90 minutes back.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ZZJ

Finally got to the end of the process, credit card details in and I get the message

"Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you."

from the credit card processor, so god only knows if I have an entry or not.

ZZJ wrote: »
    Finally got to the end of the process, credit card details in and I get the message

"Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you."

You are not alone - alot of people getting this - the redirect from the CC company back to the source has a shorter timeout since its over HTTPS - with the traffic on the TI site Id say most / all people will get this.

Same error message but hopefully Im in

Must do some work now or I'll be here for the night!!

Bloody hell, I keep getting kicked out part way through the innumerable TI screens. "Are you sure you want to apply", "Are you really really sure?".

2 hours later and I'm not it. I'd have the bloody race completed by now.*

*(No I wouldn't)

ZZJ wrote: »

I got the credit card page after refreshing a 100th unsuccessful attempt after finally accepting the terms and conditions whereas previously it dumped me back at the start of the process.

2 hours spent messing with this nonsence is not a good bargain for saving a few euro :mad:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.triathlonireland-newserver.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Nwm2 wrote: »
    The connection has timed out

at a total guess, as news that people are actually getting in at this stage filters across d'internet, people are having another crack during tea break time ...

at a total guess, as news that people are actually getting in at this stage filters across d'internet, people are having another crack during tea break time ...

Looks like they now have removed it as an option to enter.

B*stards!

Kilkee Race Entries
    Posted on Monday, March 21st, 2011

Technical issues are being experienced under the weight of users attempting to enter the Kilkee event. Please watch this space for updates.
    Members are reminded that this morning's release was for 400 entries and only a handful of entries were successfully processed before the system went down at 9:05am. Please watch this space for details and the TI Facebook and Twitter for up to the minute information.

EDIT: From Facebook

Triathlon Ireland
    A reminder folks that this morning's release of race entries for Kilkee was limited to 400 and due to the tech issues less than 10 entries were actually successful. More updates when they are available.

• Advertisement

Facebook again:

Triathlon Ireland

UPDATE! Entries for Kilkee have now been closed for further technical work. We confirm that only a small number of the 400 entries have been occupied. A re-open date is being discussed with Limerick Tri, likely to be sometime in the next few days. Stay tuned here and on triathlonireland.com. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you all for the comments, feedback and suggestions this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MickK77

The online entry system for Kilkee had technical difficulties this morning and it is now shut down. If you were not one of the people who registered this morning - the online entry system will reopen on Thursday morning at 9am. Apologies to everyone for this inconvenience, Race Director

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Dowee

MickK77 wrote: »
    The online entry system for Kilkee had technical difficulties this morning and it is now shut down. If you were not one of the people who registered this morning - the online entry system will reopen on Thursday morning at 9am. Apologies to everyone for this inconvenience, Race Director

Is there any chance it can be opened at 8am? I would say a decent % of people start work / meetings at 9am and so can't be in a position to be trying to register at that time, especially if there are any delays.

Dowee wrote: »
    Is there any chance it can be opened at 8am? I would say a decent % of people start work / meetings at 9am and so can't be in a position to be trying to register at that time, especially if there are any delays.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

I'd say a bigger % are on the way to work at 8am than in work... esp for anyone who does some training before work...

There is no really perfect time for everyone. So the next entry will open at 9am on 24th March and then there will be a further online entry at 7.30 pm on 18th April - to try to give people an evening time opportunity outside regular working hours. Race Director

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Dowee

cantswim wrote: »
    I'd say a bigger % are on the way to work at 8am than in work... esp for anyone who does some training before work...

That % could always get up early as a once off, or perhaps miss a session that morning. Generally that's a bit easier than trying to delay the start of your work day so you can register for a triathlon.

That % could always get up early as a once off, or perhaps miss a session that morning. Generally that's a bit easier than trying to delay the start of your work day so you can register for a triathlon.

the vast majority of well run triathlons in Ireland have at least two registration periods - one during work hours for those that have access to computer only at work - one outside of work hours for those that cant access a computer at work

This morning was a one off as the process usually takes no more than five minutes. I think the current system is quite fair to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Might be worth using an iPhone with the wifi switched off if you're applying for a place in a popular race. For some reason, you seem to get through quicker. Worked for me and umpteen others for Glastonbury this year. Everytime a friend tried online using phone, they got through but not once using broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ZZJ

Anybody heard back from Triathlon Ireland about their entry?
    I was one of those people who got as far as paying and when it tried to send you back to the Triathlon Ireland site it time out.

Checked my credit card online this morning and the €58 charge has been made, but when I go into My Membership section on TI site there is no sign of my race entry, also have heard nothing back from TI even though I sent them an email about it on the day and then posted on their FB site.

Anybody heard anything from them???

Online entry for this race reopens at 9am on 24th March but through this website : http://www.activeglobal.com/ie/triathlon/kilkee-ireland/hell-of-the-west-triathlon-2011 We hope this change will handle the large numbers trying to log on at the same time. There will be an evening time slot to enter - 7.30 pm on 18th April 2011 - in an attempt to give everyone a chance. (About 115 people did register last Monday 21st March before we had technical difficulties - those entries are valid.) Race Director

cheers Mick. Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

Im IN:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Only 30 entries remaining. :)

Now that's how it should work. 3 mins, no hassle. I'm in :)
    (just about - now closed)

• Advertisement

Only 10 left folks, get in there quick.

"Online Registration is now closed for this event! Good luck at the race! " :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

PWEI wrote: »
    "Online Registration is now closed for this event! Good luck at the race! " :D
    did you sign up Cormac?

tinydave wrote: »
    did you sign up Cormac?

27.gif Shhh don't be giving identity away. :D Yea I signed up, heard nothing but good things about the race & I'm orignally from Clare so I wanted to do a race close to home. Will there be many from Fingal doing it?

The next wave of online entries for this event opens at 7.30pm this Monday 18th April 2011. Go to www.activeglobal.com/ie/triathlon/kilkee-ireland/hell-of-the-west-triathlon-2011 to register with your details. Best of luck, MK, Race Director

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

The next wave of online entries for this event opens at 7.30pm this Monday 18th April 2011. Go to www.activeglobal.com/ie/triathlon/kilkee-ireland/hell-of-the-west-triathlon-2011 to register with your details. Best of luck, MK, Race Director

MickK77, if there any likely hood that slots will become available for this? If there are any cancelations, is there a waiting list?

Thanks

bazzer86 wrote: »
    MickK77, if there any likely hood that slots will become available for this? If there are any cancelations, is there a waiting list?

Thanks

Bazzer,

The Kilkee Triathlon has been full to the max for a few weeks now. We do have a Waiting list but these people only get in as a registered competitor drops out/ cannot attend etc. So this is moving slowly and we have 20 people waiting to do this swop. Mick K

Bazzer,

The Kilkee Triathlon has been full to the max for a few weeks now. We do have a Waiting list but these people only get in as a registered competitor drops out/ cannot attend etc. So this is moving slowly and we have 20 people waiting to do this swop. Mick K

How can somebody already signed up sell their place?
    I've signed up but have a bad knee injury at the moment. I've already had to pull out of Tri Athy so it's unlikely at this stage that I'll be able to take part.

PWEI wrote: »
    How can somebody already signed up sell their place?
    I've signed up but have a bad knee injury at the moment. I've already had to pull out of Tri Athy so it's unlikely at this stage that I'll be able to take part.

Send your details to the Race Secretary, she can arrange the swop. No refunds from the race - only from the person taking up the slot, directly to you. No further swops or changes allowed after 31st May 2011. MK

Thanks Mickk77. Thats fair enough. I possible can I be added to that waiting list? Thanks

Thanks Mickk77. Thats fair enough. I possible can I be added to that waiting list? Thanks
    Yes you can but you have to send on your details (Address, Age, Club and Contact Details) to the Race Secretary (on the club website).MK

MickK77, The race sectary email address listed on the site doesn't work. This is the email address listed; kilkee_race_secretary@limericktriathlon but both yahoo mail and gmail don't recognise such an email address.

you need to put a .com after it

you need to put a .com after it

Doh! 40.gif That would help alright. Thanks bazzer86.

same thing happened to me when I was emailing! :confused::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement