Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

queries

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Welcome Eircom team:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

pandabrian wrote: »
    Welcome Eircom team:)

Hi pandabrian,

Thanks for the warm welcome greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nancy78

My parents have always been with Eircom so didn't want to change when they decided to get broadband. I signed them up & the package was around €50 per month with free router & free connection. They've just gotten their first bill & it should have been around €100 for the two months but there's a charge for Broadband Home Starter of €27.20 + VAT & I'm wondering what this charge is for. When I signed them up it "appeared" that it wouldn't cost them anything to extra to get the broadband. Thanks.

Nancy78 wrote: »
    My parents have always been with Eircom so didn't want to change when they decided to get broadband. I signed them up & the package was around €50 per month with free router & free connection. They've just gotten their first bill & it should have been around €100 for the two months but there's a charge for Broadband Home Starter of €27.20 + VAT & I'm wondering what this charge is for. When I signed them up it "appeared" that it wouldn't cost them anything to extra to get the broadband. Thanks.

Hi Nancy78,

Can you PM your paranents telephone number or account number and a contact number for you and I will look into the issue fr you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Nancy78,

Can you PM your paranents telephone number or account number and a contact number for you and I will look into the issue fr you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Nancy78,

I got your PM with the dewtails thanks, if I don't get back to you today it will be early next week.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nancy78

Hi Nancy78,

I got your PM with the dewtails thanks, if I don't get back to you today it will be early next week.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks very much Mark. Enjoy your weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Hi Mark,

I have a an Eircom land line & Eircom phone watch. I would like to get rid of the land line save on line rental.

Can you tell me what is involved in switching the Phone watch to the GSM wire free version?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

I have a an Eircom land line & Eircom phone watch. I would like to get rid of the land line save on line rental.

Can you tell me what is involved in switching the Phone watch to the GSM wire free version?

Thanks

Hi Nelson Muntz

Can you private message me with your telephone number so I can check the status of the account.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Nelson Muntz

Can you private message me with your telephone number so I can check the status of the account.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, PM sent

Hi Mark,

Thanks

Hi Nelson Muntz,

At the moment eircom do not offer the GSM service. Both the eircom phonewatch and broadband sevice need an active telephone service. However if you wish to cancel your contract ends on 25/03/11.

If you have any follow up questions let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Nelson Muntz,

At the moment eircom do not offer the GSM service. Both the eircom phonewatch and broadband sevice need an active telephone service. However if you wish to cancel your contract ends on 25/03/11.

If you have any follow up questions let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark,

So If I want to keep my Phone watch, I have to keep paying line rental to Eircom & I can't change to another phone provider that doesn't use a line like UPC?

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark,

So If I want to keep my Phone watch, I have to keep paying line rental to Eircom & I can't change to another phone provider that doesn't use a line like UPC?

Hi Nelson Muntz,

Apologies. I rang eircom phone-watch on 1850 500 900 and they stated you may be able to avail GSM. Dependant on the type of security package you may need to upgrade.

If you give them a call they can outline the options in detail for you.

Apologies again, Mark

Hi Nelson Muntz,

Apologies. I rang eircom phone-watch on 1850 500 900 and they stated you may be able to avail GSM. Dependant on the type of security package you may need to upgrade.

If yu give them a call they can outline the options in detail for you.

Apologies again, Mark

Thanks Mark,

I will give them a call.

Thanks Mark,

I will give them a call.

No problem:)

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

Where can I find the eircom customer service charter? I've searched he website with no luck. Is there an online link to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

LuckyMe63 wrote: »
    Where can I find the eircom customer service charter? I've searched he website with no luck. Is there an online link to it?

The number for Customer Charter is 400 000
    Please let me know if there is something I can help you with
    PM me your details

Thank You
    Eleanor

• Registered Users Posts: 43 esquilax

Could you link to a copy of the aforementioned Customer Charter please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

esquilax wrote: »
    Could you link to a copy of the aforementioned Customer Charter please?

Hi Luckyme63 and esquilax

The correct number for the Customer Charter is 1800 400 000. I cannot find an online version but have been informed that this charter is contained within the front pages of eircom phone book. Will chase this and get back to you tomorrow or Thursday.
    Tony

Hi Luckyme63 and esquilax

The correct number for the Customer Charter is 1800 400 000. I cannot find an online version but have been informed that this charter is contained within the front pages of eircom phone book. Will chase this and get back to you tomorrow or Thursday.
    Tony

Thanks for the response Tony but I'm afraid you've been misinformed, at least in the case of the 2010 version of the 04 phone book. It has a section titled "Useful information for eircom customers". In this there is heading "eircom customer service guarantee". Here is that section in its entirety:
    eircom operate a customer service guarantee. If we do not meet certain target dates for installation and fault clearance you may be entitled to a rebate. You can contact our customer service guarantee centre on 1800 400 000.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the response Tony but I'm afraid you've been misinformed, at least in the case of the 2010 version of the 04 phone book. It has a section titled "Useful information for eircom customers". In this there is heading "eircom customer service guarantee". Here is that section in its entirety:

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi esquilax,

Here is an link to eircoms terms of service - http://bit.ly/ge74WY in relation to faults the eircom customer charter department have sole authority to decide if the customer is entitled to the charter rebate under the T&Cs.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Mark

Hi esquilax,

Here is an link to eircoms terms of service - http://bit.ly/ge74WY in relation to faults the eircom customer charter department have sole authority to decide if the customer is entitled to the charter rebate under the T&Cs.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Mark

That's a link to an error page

Mark, many years back eircom published with some fanfare their "customer charter" which stated in black and white that if a fault wasn't resolved within x days, or a new line wasn't connected within x days, a customer was entitled to y refund. Obviously making provision for natural disasters and other reasonably terms and conditions.

Everyone was sent a copy of this customer charter so they knew what their rights were.

Are you telling me that at some point eircom withdrew that charter and changed to a different charter? One with no definite rules on when refunds are to be made, and more importantly, one that the customer is not actually allowed have a copy of?

Because even with your broken link, it sounds an awful lot like that's what you're telling me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Hi, my sister recently joined up with Eircom and is on the talktime chatter which she was told would give her free calls to mobiles for 30 minutes at off peak times. She just received her bill and calls that she made during off peak times that weren't over 30 minutes have been charged to her bill. She rang up and was told that she only gets 30 minutes a month. What's the situation there?

micayla wrote: »
    Hi, my sister recently joined up with Eircom and is on the talktime chatter which she was told would give her free calls to mobiles for 30 minutes at off peak times. She just received her bill and calls that she made during off peak times that weren't over 30 minutes have been charged to her bill. She rang up and was told that she only gets 30 minutes a month. What's the situation there?

Hi micayla
    yes I am afraid that is correct. See Talktime Chatter details below. There is no package that would offer free calls if under a certain lenth of time. This LINK will take you to all of our Talktime packages.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Regards
    Tony
    • Unlimited local & national Off Peak calls*
    • 30 mobile minutes to any network off peak
    • Out of package mobile minutes 21.91c
    • International / UK Rates
      • 20c per minute calls to US and UK Landlines
      • 30c per minute calls to UK mobiles
      • 35c per minute calls to near Europe and Mid Europe
      • 75c per minute calls to near Europe and Mid Europe mobiles
      • 20% off other international calls
    • Package includes monthly line rental.

That's a link to an error page

Mark, many years back eircom published with some fanfare their "customer charter" which stated in black and white that if a fault wasn't resolved within x days, or a new line wasn't connected within x days, a customer was entitled to y refund. Obviously making provision for natural disasters and other reasonably terms and conditions.

Everyone was sent a copy of this customer charter so they knew what their rights were.

Are you telling me that at some point eircom withdrew that charter and changed to a different charter? One with no definite rules on when refunds are to be made, and more importantly, one that the customer is not actually allowed have a copy of?

Because even with your broken link, it sounds an awful lot like that's what you're telling me.

Hi esquilax
    No we have not said that at all. My apologies that the link did not work, this was supposed to direct you to eircom's code of practice page. This site highlights eircom's relation and obligation to our customers and their rights.

The site shows Resolution timeframes, Disconnection policy, Our customer service guarantee and more information in relation to eircom customer policey.
    To access this page you should go to www.eircom.ie and type in Code of Practice into the search option.
    I hope this proves to be of more use than previous 'link'.
    Tony

Hi esquilax
    No we have not said that at all. My apologies that the link did not work, this was supposed to direct you to eircom's code of practice page. This site highlights eircom's relation and obligation to our customers and their rights.

The site shows Resolution timeframes, Disconnection policy, Our customer service guarantee and more information in relation to eircom customer policey.
    To access this page you should go to www.eircom.ie and type in Code of Practice into the search option.
    I hope this proves to be of more use than previous 'link'.
    Tony

Well the customer charter might not be as widely publicised as it once was but credit where it's due (i.e. to you personally Tony, and eircom), the substance of it is still there.

After a very brief phone conversation to the number mentioned, I have been credited with two months' line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Hi Guys,

First of all let me say i think it's a great idea on ye're prepared to get involved in something like this, fair play for putting yourselves in the firing line!

Ok, background first... i was a customer with Eircom Broadband for approx 5 years. Then moved house about year & half ago & have now decided to go for Eircom Broadband again.

I requested a new-line connection on your website on 16th January 2011. To cut a long story short, i still am not connected.

Firstly, Eircom mixed up my address with another similar one in the same town & connected the wrong house (i have one eircom a/c number for this). After i established this (by calling to the other address) & eventually persuading your representative that i did not actually live there (believe me it took a bit of persuading...!) she advised me that the best thing to do was to re-apply with herself & got a new Eircom a/c number, on 31/01/2011.

On Fri 11th Feb 2011, i came out from work (no mobile allowed in work, note on my account to say same) to find a voicemail from engineer saying he was at my house to connect me but no-one was there (this was first i had heard of his coming), unfortunately i only finished work at 8pm.

On 15th Feb 2011 i again contacted 1901 to see what the story was, she apologised (and indeed was very pleasant as were all your reprensentatives to be fair) and as i was on holidays that week she organised that an engineer would call to me on Friday 18th February 2011 to connect me. I remanined at home all day but nobody called either physically or by phone.
    I called 1901 and he said he would email the engineer but i have had absolutely no contact since and still have no connection 6 weeks after i signed up for the account!

I hope i'm not coming accross as aggressive, i certainly dont mean to be, I simply want to be connected! My contract with my current broadband provider ends on 28th Feb & i had hoped to be with eircom before then which is why i contacted eircom on 16th January!

To be fair to Eircom, i work shiftwork so may need to juggle the appointment when it eventually happens! For example this coming week i am working mon, tue & fri and off wed & thurs.

Anyway, apologies for long post, i appreciate you reading it and for any light you may be able to shed and help you may bring.

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Hi eircom guys,

Im just wondering how do i find out when my contract with eircom is up? Ive looked through all my bills, connection form etc and cant seem to find it. Maybe ive missed it in the small print somewhere?

Thanks
    Holuc

holuc wrote: »
    Hi eircom guys,

Im just wondering how do i find out when my contract with eircom is up? Ive looked through all my bills, connection form etc and cant seem to find it. Maybe ive missed it in the small print somewhere?

Thanks
    Holuc

Hi holuc

Can you send on your telephone number or account number to me directly and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Guys,

First of all let me say i think it's a great idea on ye're prepared to get involved in something like this, fair play for putting yourselves in the firing line!

Ok, background first... i was a customer with Eircom Broadband for approx 5 years. Then moved house about year & half ago & have now decided to go for Eircom Broadband again.

I requested a new-line connection on your website on 16th January 2011. To cut a long story short, i still am not connected.

Firstly, Eircom mixed up my address with another similar one in the same town & connected the wrong house (i have one eircom a/c number for this). After i established this (by calling to the other address) & eventually persuading your representative that i did not actually live there (believe me it took a bit of persuading...!) she advised me that the best thing to do was to re-apply with herself & got a new Eircom a/c number, on 31/01/2011.

On Fri 11th Feb 2011, i came out from work (no mobile allowed in work, note on my account to say same) to find a voicemail from engineer saying he was at my house to connect me but no-one was there (this was first i had heard of his coming), unfortunately i only finished work at 8pm.

On 15th Feb 2011 i again contacted 1901 to see what the story was, she apologised (and indeed was very pleasant as were all your reprensentatives to be fair) and as i was on holidays that week she organised that an engineer would call to me on Friday 18th February 2011 to connect me. I remanined at home all day but nobody called either physically or by phone.
    I called 1901 and he said he would email the engineer but i have had absolutely no contact since and still have no connection 6 weeks after i signed up for the account!

I hope i'm not coming accross as aggressive, i certainly dont mean to be, I simply want to be connected! My contract with my current broadband provider ends on 28th Feb & i had hoped to be with eircom before then which is why i contacted eircom on 16th January!

To be fair to Eircom, i work shiftwork so may need to juggle the appointment when it eventually happens! For example this coming week i am working mon, tue & fri and off wed & thurs.

Anyway, apologies for long post, i appreciate you reading it and for any light you may be able to shed and help you may bring.

Many Thanks

Hi Lawros Tache

Thanks for the positive feedback icon7.gif Can you private message with your eircom telephone number and account number and I will look into it for you.

If you don't have those details can you PM the address.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Thanks MARK, appreciate the help

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Thanks Mark

Sent you a pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement