Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

queries

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

holuc wrote: »
    Thanks Mark

Sent you a pm.

Hi Holuc,

I got your details thanks, your contract is finished tomorrow 02/03/201.:)

Thanks, Mark

Thanks MARK, appreciate the help

PM sent

Hi Lawros Tache,

Thanks for sending on the details, I will look into it and should have an update for you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Hi Lawros Tache,

Thanks for sending on the details, I will look into it and should have an update for you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Many Thanks for all your help.

As discussed, the engineer called out yesterday and set up my landline, i've now got to ring Eircom today to order broadband (apparently it takes 24 hours for system to recognise new number?)
    Can i order Next Gen Broadband, or is it line dependant? Any idea how long it will take to be up & running from now?!

Also, one last little request...

Any chance you could get them to change the "on hold" music on 1901?? It seriously has me driven demented!

Hi Mark,

Many Thanks for all your help.

As discussed, the engineer called out yesterday and set up my landline, i've now got to ring Eircom today to order broadband (apparently it takes 24 hours for system to recognise new number?)
    Can i order Next Gen Broadband, or is it line dependant? Any idea how long it will take to be up & running from now?!

Also, one last little request...

Any chance you could get them to change the "on hold" music on 1901?? It seriously has me driven demented!

Hi Lawros Tache,

The order needs to complete on the eircom systems. Then the line needs to be tested for broadband from the exchange. So it may be Tuesday next week before an order can be placed for broadband.

I will get back to you next week as well.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Lawros Tache,

The order needs to complete on the eircom systems. Then the line needs to be tested for broadband from the exchange. So it may be Tuesday next week before an order can be placed for broadband.

I will get back to you next week as well.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Any news for me?

Broadband still not working & on Tuesday it will be two months since i placed the order.

Thanks

Edit:

Update:-
    Received an email informing me that my bill was available on-line. I checked it out & saw i am being billed for broadband from 10th March 2011. I contacted 1901 & order update service informed me (no human operator on duty) that my order was completed on 11th March 2011.
    I once again checked my router & it is still not working (DSL light not lighting but analogue line works fine for calling 1901). I thought it might be faulty router so tried an old one i have, the DSL light flashes on & off (no solid light) but still no broadband connection. I have tried the connection both with & without the DSL filter but it makes no difference.

I would be very grateful Mark if you could check things out for me & put my bill on hold until the issue is resolved. Obviously i dont wish to pay for a service i am not receiving.
    I am uncontactable by mobile tomorrow & tuesday until after 8pm but you can leave message on voicemail or on this thread.

Many Thanks

P.S. Have tried to log a fault 0n 1901, cant do so because no operators present on weekends. Tried to log fault on your website, but impossible to do so due to script errors. Do the people who write the site not actually use it? The irony of Eircom being a communications company has not been lost on me... :-(

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

Any news for me?

Broadband still not working & on Tuesday it will be two months since i placed the order.

Thanks

Edit:

Update:-
    Received an email informing me that my bill was available on-line. I checked it out & saw i am being billed for broadband from 10th March 2011. I contacted 1901 & order update service informed me (no human operator on duty) that my order was completed on 11th March 2011.
    I once again checked my router & it is still not working (DSL light not lighting but analogue line works fine for calling 1901). I thought it might be faulty router so tried an old one i have, the DSL light flashes on & off (no solid light) but still no broadband connection. I have tried the connection both with & without the DSL filter but it makes no difference.

I would be very grateful Mark if you could check things out for me & put my bill on hold until the issue is resolved. Obviously i dont wish to pay for a service i am not receiving.
    I am uncontactable by mobile tomorrow & tuesday until after 8pm but you can leave message on voicemail or on this thread.

Many Thanks

P.S. Have tried to log a fault 0n 1901, cant do so because no operators present on weekends. Tried to log fault on your website, but impossible to do so due to script errors. Do the people who write the site not actually use it? The irony of Eircom being a communications company has not been lost on me... :-(

Hi Lawros Tache,

I will chase this up with managers in broadband technical support and get back to you with an update soon.

Do you have a dial tone and phone service on the line?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Lawros Tache,

I will chase this up with managers in broadband technical support and get back to you with an update soon.

Do you have a dial tone and phone service on the line?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Once again many thanks for your help.

Yes, i have dial tone & fully working phone line, just no DSL lights or broadband connection. As stated i have tried with & without filter to no advantage and have now tried 3 different borrowed routers.
    The computer picks up the router perfectly but no connection to internet.

Thanks again

paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Hi guys,

I see that the Carrigaline area is NGB enabled, does that mean I can migrated right now or do I have to wait?

Cheers

Hi Mark,

Once again many thanks for your help.

Yes, i have dial tone & fully working phone line, just no DSL lights or broadband connection. As stated i have tried with & without filter to no advantage and have now tried 3 different borrowed routers.
    The computer picks up the router perfectly but no connection to internet.

Thanks again

paul

Hi Paul,

I see the case was escalated by broadband technical support yesterday morning to engineers so I will track the case and get an update for you.

Thanks, Mark

Lamposts wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I see that the Carrigaline area is NGB enabled, does that mean I can migrated right now or do I have to wait?

Cheers

Hi Lamposts,

Can you PM me with your landline number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Sure thing Mark. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement