Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Services Computers now using Windows 7

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:19am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Something I've noticed today in Daedalus - the computers are all using Windows 7 professional - looks very nice. It also seems to have Chrome installed, although mine crashed twice already :o

Didn't know they had plans to upgrade :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I tried one of these today: I don't know whether they're going to roll out that particular build to the whole university. I found a few problems e.g. you can't use the Desktop at all - no permissions - and you have to go to H:\Desktop to see what you normally have on there. That was on the second one I tried: the first one would just hang after logging on and had to be shut down cold. But hey, that's par for the course when rolling out Microsoft products ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Pffff Chrome, SeaMonkey all the way ;)

Advertisement