Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade bundle - Mother board, CPU+fan and RAM

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a budget of a bout €400 and I am looking to upgrade my current gaming rig with a new MoBo, cpu/fan and ram. My current rig looks like this:

Case: Antec Nine Hundred, ATX
    MoBo: MSI P6N SLI-FI, Sockel 775 nForce650i SLI, ATX
    RAM: 4GB-Kit OCZ PC2-6400 ReaperX
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 boxed, 8192Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Kentsfield
    GPU: Radeon Toxic HD 5850 - 1 GB GDDR5
    Power: Corsair TX750W 750 Watt

(and i know that board is built for Invidia and I am using an ATI card, hence the upgrade).

Board needs to be crossfire compatible as I would potentially like to get a 2nd card.

I have been looking at overclockers and something like this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-023-OB&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat=1802
    but want the best bang for my buck so would buy the parts individually. Thinking from HWV as I have bought from them before.

Any advise would be great.

Comments

Advertisement