Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Market app won't work

• 21-03-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    On my dads HTC Desire, the Market app won't launch properly. Every time it tries to connect to the network it says there is no internet connection, even if everything else is working fine (Browser etc). No idea how to fix it as it's not like I can redownload Market from a broken Market :confused:

Any advice please, it's driving him mad!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Clear the Market application cache and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

draffodx wrote: »
    Clear the Market application cache and try again.

Tried that but no joy unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Cianos wrote: »
    Tried that but no joy unfortunately

Have you tried force stopping it and then retrying?

draffodx wrote: »
    Have you tried force stopping it and then retrying?

Yes I'm quite sure I've tried all the options that are doable via Settings > Applications > Manage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

have you changed your gmail address by any chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Same thing is happening me. Haven't had a chance to try the below yet though.

Apparently if you connect to a wireless network and access the market app then exit the wireless network it should be back to normal.

It's happening to quite a few O2 android handsets.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/My-Account-Ask-the-expert/Android-Market/qaq-p/230692

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Same thing is happening me. Haven't had a chance to try the below yet though.

Apparently if you connect to a wireless network and access the market app then exit the wireless network it should be back to normal.

It's happening to quite a few O2 android handsets.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/My-Account-Ask-the-expert/Android-Market/qaq-p/230692

I tried accessing Market through wireless, but it didn't work for me. I keep getting the same network error message. See if you can access Market online with your HTC connected to your pc. When I do this and try and download an app, it says that the gmail address I am using is not connected to my device, however I can access gmail and gchat no problem on my phone.:confused: Might work for you though.

ElectraX wrote: »
    I tried accessing Market through wireless, but it didn't work for me. I keep getting the same network error message. See if you can access Market online with your HTC connected to your pc. When I do this and try and download an app, it says that the gmail address I am using is not connected to my device, however I can access gmail and gchat no problem on my phone.:confused: Might work for you though.

My dad was also saying that he's unable to send emails unless it's in reply to one that is already in his inbox, or something like that. Is that similar to what you've been getting?

My dad was also saying that he's unable to send emails unless it's in reply to one that is already in his inbox, or something like that. Is that similar to what you've been getting?

My Gmail has been fine- I've been able to send new mails no problem.Weird thing is I retried the wi-fi thing today and it worked!!! I have been trying it on several wireless networks for weeks with no joy. Must have been on a stronger network this time:D
    I am now back in my house where I have no wireless and I can access Market no problem. One thing I did notice was that when I went into Market there was Gmail update waiting, so maybe there was a glitch in the version I had that was affecting access to Market.
    Anyway try the wireless thing when you can and hopefully it works for you too.

So basically you just activate Wifi, go in to market, turn Wifi off, and exit Market and go back in to Market?

Good to hear it's worked for you anyway :)

• Advertisement

So basically you just activate Wifi, go in to market, turn Wifi off, and exit Market and go back in to Market?

Good to hear it's worked for you anyway :)

Yeah I activated wi-fi, went into Market and then updated all apps that had an update available, and downloaded a few new apps cause I wasn't sure if I would be able to access Market again, once out of wifi, so wanted to get as much done as possible.
    Turned the wi-fi off and tried accessing Market about an hour later when I was back home with no wifi and it worked perfectly!

Advertisement