Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone from no boot to no video- help!!

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, have a wee problem with a newish build. Basically it goes as follows:

A p5qe mobo, q6600 with a tuniq 120 cooler, 8 gb corsair ram, hd5770 gfx, will have to double check the psu. First problem was it wouldn't boot to windows when using an existing hdd with win7 64 bit ultimate already installed. I tried to install an IDE optical drive to try and do a disc repair but it didn't see the drive- everything was working fine, could boot into ubuntu up to this point. I changed the ide to a sata and now it gives me a no video signal.

Checked the gfx in another pc, it's fine, have no way to check the ram. I'm wondering have I damaged the mobo or what way do I go about checking it, or indeed what do I do next? Have to stress everything was working to the point just before the windows boot up to the time I changed the optical drive.

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement