Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Services Disaster!

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I was just calling my car insurance company and had to hit buttons to get through to the correct department. The sequence for car insurance renewal was 1 1 2. It then said it was transferring me through and it was answered by the emergency services who were unimpressed to say the least. There was at least 30 seconds of me trying to work out why they wanted me to choose between ambulance, gardas and fire brigade rather than car and home insurance.

I was definitely in the holding pattern of the insurance company, never terminated the call and didnt hit the dial button after I pressed the numbers. I am wondering has anyone ever come across this before or whether some of the touch phones are programmed to go straight through to emergency services if you diall the numbers in sequence? Its a bit of a disaster and I wouldnt want it to happen again.

For the record I have a SE Xperia 10 mini pro with Three

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

That's funny! Sounds a bit strange though... Would be worth double-checking by going through the process again but terminating the call if you hear the emergency services number ringing out. I can't imagine a phone would drop the current call and ring 112 without you tapping the dial button first though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My phone has a 'make second call' button when I'm making a call could be that.

Its the furthest right soft key so easy to hit.

Advertisement