Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best car service in Waterford City?

• 21-03-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Couldn't find a past thread about this subject.

Where is the best place to get your car serviced in Waterford? When I say best I don't neccesarily mean the cheapest but where would be best value for money. I have a 07 Ford Focus. I usually get it serviced in the dealers but it has become so expensive and there are always add on charges when the bill is produced, I had a heated argument with them the last time as there was an extra charge of €170 that only became my knowledge when the bill was given to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

My girlfriend & I had both had to get our cars serviced for the NCT over the past month. I'd heard good things about Deevey's so she got her's done first - it cost 98euro! (Car subsequently passed with flying colours)

I knew my own car needed new front brake pads & a service before the NCT. They also did a pre-test check & replaced a number of light bulbs -
    the cost = 198euro. Fantastic! Considering I had rung around & was contemplating using the local VW dealer as I drive a golf - they quoted me
    450euro for a service & NOT including the charge for replacing the brake pads as they would have to see what needed changing before they could estimate the cost. I reckon I would'nt have seen much change outta 600euro - triple what I ended up paying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I know a place in the estate that not many know about, very cheap too....................

not telling ye though, my secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

OP, i know a guy in Slieverue who could do it for ya too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

The one in Riverstown Estate, Tramore (by Pirate's Adventure).
    Seem to be very busy lately; had to wait 3 days to get my car in and serviced but the value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

STIG83 wrote: »
    OP, i know a guy in Slieverue who could do it for ya too.
    Would you mind PMing me, STIG?

Thanks for the other replies lads. Someone else recommended Deevys to me this morning, if it weren't in such an awkward place I would be in there in a flash. I'll wait for some other options and if nothing suits I might give them a call.

Tramore might be a bit out of the way for me and to get someone to come out to collect me after dropping the car would be an issue but thanks for the recommendation anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

I use Byrnes garage top of New Street (up behind Geoffs).
    Looks fairly basic but Tony and his son know what they're doing.
    Got it serviced there about 6 weeks ago and passed my NCT a fortnight ago. :)

Advertisement