Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decapeptyl Monthly Injection

Options
  • 21-03-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just looking for some info on Decapeptyl monthly injection, I have been on the monthly for 6 months and the 3 monthly one for 6 months before that. I find the monthly one to be the only thing that gives relief from pain, I have severe Endometrosis and I also had cancerous cells removed in 2009. The last 6 months has been the best I have felt in 3/4 years due to the above been misdiagnoised for a long time!

Anyway at my last appointment a different consultant said that there is no way I can stay on it any longer than the 6 months, now I know it causes thinning of bones but I am also on HRT to combat this! I really do not want to go back to having such a poor quality of life again beacuse it was unbareable and I lost friends/relationships etc becauce of it! I feel like I have control over it all now and don't want to lose it again!

So my question is, are there people that have been on this for longer than 6 months and if so have there been any major consequences to this?

Advertisement