Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Freezing

• 21-03-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

System is pretty good but iv noticed recently that i will get the most random freezing on my system.
    Case - Antec P180
    MOBO - EVGA X58 SLI LE
    CPU - Intel Core i7-920 - 2.66 GHz - 8 MB L3 Cache - LGA 1366 Socket
    GFX - SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon Toxic HD 5850 - 1 GB GDDR5
    PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 700W PC Power Supply
    RAM - 6GB DDR3 triple channel - OCZ Gold Low-Voltage Triple Channel 3 x 2 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL8 PC Memory
    HDD1 - Intel X25-M MLC 2.5 Solid State Disk (SSD) - 80 GB - SATA-300
    HDD2 - Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ Hard Drive - 3.5"- 1 TB - 32 MB - 7200 rpm - SATA-300

I notice it happens alot more when using Firefox. So i uninstalled and then re-installed. It seemed to go away but then i noticed it again but it wasnt directly linked to Firefox. It would happen when going through different folders. Initially again i thought it might be the second (Samsung 1TB) hard drive as it was happening when viewing folders on that HD. Its started again recently but again its random and not linked to the second HD. I notice it on firefox again but this is on the SSD HD so it cant be linked to the second HD.

Any ideas on how to try diagnose this? I guess ill start monitoring the temps? GPU? RAM?

What do people think it might be firstly then lastly? I think the RAM is still under warranty so id like to try replace if that is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Just as a point of reference here is a thread i created when i first picked up the machine. It appeared there was an unstable OC so i removed this and went on my merry way. It runs fine except for the random freezing.

Included are some tests that i ran at the time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055999624

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

1. I had issues with Firefox as well.. particularly with plugins.. There still may be issues with this, so to rule it out, download Google Chrome and use that instead for the period of testing...

2. Check the fans on the motherboard, and any interface cards like GPUs, make sure they are all running..

that's where I would start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

i have also had issues with plugins on Firefox and most recently Google Chrome it is so annoying :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement