Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Census.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Of course there would be nothing to stop them from removing the census form from the envelope themselves later. Since many will be handed back without envelopes, so the confidential envelope is not really private or tamper proof. I got my form very early, possibly two weeks ago. It's someone from the area, which is a bit of a joke because she seems like a right nosy b1tch.

You post (freepost)the envelope back yourself.Next complaint please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭samsmammy

Of course there would be nothing to stop them from removing the census form from the envelope themselves later. Since many will be handed back without envelopes, so the confidential envelope is not really private or tamper proof. I got my form very early, possibly two weeks ago. It's someone from the area, which is a bit of a joke because she seems like a right nosy b1tch.

WHAT !!!! you post it back yourself,they are self addressed envelopes
    I really cant imagine people being THAT interested in your religion or how you get to work each day !!!
    Its a bit extreme to think enumaraters are like that, I could not be less interested in what my neighbours date of birth is,The questions
    are not that intrusive,,
    Its about the big picture not 1 person

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ronin247 wrote: »
    You post (freepost)the envelope back yourself.Next complaint please.

I wasn't aware of that, so that's sorted then.

samsmammy wrote: »
    WHAT !!!! you post it back yourself,they are self addressed envelopes

I never mentioned anything about posting forms in my original post here :confused:. After reading what you posted said RE: handing the sealed envelope back to the enumerator. I merely highlighted that this is not really a secure/confidential system.

Thankfully ronin247 pointed out that you can Freepost the envelopes back, which is what I'll be doing.
    I really cant imagine people being THAT interested in your religion or how you get to work each day !!!
    Its a bit extreme to think enumaraters are like that, I could not be less interested in what my neighbours date of birth is,The questions
    are not that intrusive,,

You do realise this is Ireland? Where a lot of people have a tendency to try and mind other peoples business. Considering I'm a 'blow in' to my area, I can guarantee you that 'nosey parker' would love to get a gawk at my form.
    Its about the big picture not 1 person

What's your point? Where have I suggested it's not? I just want to ensure my form is returned securely and confidentially as is my right to do so. Why is this an issue for you? Christ will you relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 retiredradical

Before you fill out your census form you might ask your enumerator to explain the links of CACI to interrogating people detained without charge at Abu Ghraib concentration camp.
    See link below;

http://www.thejournal.ie/census-2011-operators-abu-ghraib-caci-2011-03/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got ours this afternoon.

I think yer man called a good few times to try and get us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Before you fill out your census form you might ask your enumerator to explain the links of CACI to interrogating people detained without charge at Abu Ghraib concentration camp.
    See link below;

http://www.thejournal.ie/census-2011-operators-abu-ghraib-caci-2011-03/

Holy ****!! And I hear Lockheed Martin has the contract for the next UK census. Dodgy goings-on all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

I did not get any envelope with my form: should I have been given one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭samsmammy

Essexboy wrote: »

NO you only get one if you request one,If you dont want the enumartor to see what you have marked,,I dont think there is anything really personal but each o there own,
    I am enumarating and out of 400 houses I only gav 1 envelope,,I really would not be interested in looking at peoples forms anyway.
    I cant wait to hand them back and get rid of them,JOB DONE :):)

NO you only get one if you request one,If you dont want the enumartor to see what you have marked,,I dont think there is anything really personal but each o there own,
    I am enumarating and out of 400 houses I only gav 1 envelope,,I really would not be interested in looking at peoples forms anyway.
    I cant wait to hand them back and get rid of them,JOB DONE :):)

Thanks but in the UK ALL census forms are returned by post (unless it is completed online) saving the enumerators wasted calls and doing away with concerns about who reads the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Thanks but in the UK ALL census forms are returned by post (unless it is completed online) saving the enumerators wasted calls and doing away with concerns about who reads the information.

I'm assuming noone reads individual forms once sent back to Census Central. Presumably they're all scanned in using OCR/ICR technologies. The census is just one big lotto form.

I also never received one, nor did I realise I could have got one until I seen it posted here.

Email from Central Statistics Office

If you wish to return the form directly to the CSO you have two options.
    You can ask the Enumerator for an envelope when they return to collect the
    form and then post it to us, or you can send the completed form to:
    Central Statistics Office, PO Box 2011, Freepost 4726, Swords, Co Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

My parents only received theirs last night in Sligo - we've had ours in Dublin for weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thesilvervoice

My Census form has arrived, but it has an incorrect townland entered. I was told by enumerator that it cannot be changed.
    Sent an email to CSO and was told that addresses really didn't matter that much as they used the An Post address for me, from whatever database they use and my X and Y co-ordinates are what really matter. This is a load of balloney!
    My interest is in historic records ---in 100 years time when the census data is released to those still alive, my address will be WRONG.
    If I refuse to fill it up, will I be prosecuted?

My Census form has arrived, but it has an incorrect townland entered. I was told by enumerator that it cannot be changed.
    Sent an email to CSO and was told that addresses really didn't matter that much as they used the An Post address for me, from whatever database they use and my X and Y co-ordinates are what really matter. This is a load of balloney!
    My interest is in historic records ---in 100 years time when the census data is released to those still alive, my address will be WRONG.
    If I refuse to fill it up, will I be prosecuted?

I also have the same problem, some fuckwit wrote the wrong townland at the top of the form. I'll just simply write my correct address alongside it.

Advertisement