Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Wings

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

any where else other than tribeca and e&c that do good wings?

i had savage wings as part of a platter in the foxhunter a few weeks ago, seems the recipe is spreading its ...................'wings' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

How much sauce and butter are people using for their wings?
    Also, what temperature are you using for the oven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I have a fan oven and go 200C for 35 - 40 mins
    For a kilo of wings, we wer using half a bottle and about half that amount in butter, thats too much tho (end up wasting it) so just make less
    when u posted this comment i was eating franks wings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

I made a first attempt this evening :-)
    IMG_20110508_213007.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rwl826

Pacinos on Suffolk Street do pretty good wings too

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Sorry Mods I couldn't find a more recent thread-has anyone seen (or tried) Tabasco Buffalo Wing Sauce in Ireland, I was in the States recently & it's Beautiful (combined with butter etc)?

I forgot to bring some back as I thought it's available- any help appreciated!

Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Benny-c wrote: »
    Sorry Mods I couldn't find a more recent thread-has anyone seen (or tried) Tabasco Buffalo Wing Sauce in Ireland, I was in the States recently & it's Beautiful (combined with butter etc)?

I forgot to bring some back as I thought it's available- any help appreciated!

Benny
    you can get franks redhot sauce here in most supermarkets, but the tabasco buffalo one seems to be new (i had to google it). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/31/franks-vs-tabasco-buffalo_n_1244503.html

would be interested to try it though, i'm sure it'll make it's way here eventually. :)

the more up to date thread would be the one for elephant & castle buffalo wings which is knocking around here somewhere and has been updated in the last few weeks. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144087&page=36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

vibe666 wrote: »

my wife and i went out to a chinese restaurant the other night and had Szechuan crispy beef (amongst other things) and my wife asked if they had anything to put on it to spice it up a bit as it was bland (yes, she actually said that to his face, but she's pregnant at the minute and was really craving spicy food).

they bought out some chilli oil with loads of chilli flakes in it and i thought the waiter was going to make us sign a waiver before he'd let us have it, he was warning us so much about how spicy it was and to only have a tiny amount to try it first.

she horsed it all over the food right away and polished off the lot. i only had about a teaspoon of it (and i like my spices) and it was about as much as i could handle but she had at least double what i had and didn't even blink.

after we'd finished, a waitress came over and asked if it was okay and not too spicy and said that she was Malaysian and the chilli oil was too hot even for her and couldn't understand how we were still in one piece. :D

I love those Fortune chilli oil. I'd put them on almost everything and go through a big tub of it easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    I know its a crime to dull out the flavour, but my girlfriend dosnt like food as spicy as I do, (franks is too hot for her), any ideas on making the wings less spicey apart from serving it with sour cream/blue cheese dressing?

i don't know if you have heard of scoozis in Cork but they do wings in a sweet and sour sauce its not too spicy at all, (im not a lover of spicey food but i eat there just to buy a bottle of their sauce on leaving)

she'd probably love them! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

vibe666 wrote: »
    you can get franks redhot sauce here in most supermarkets, but the tabasco buffalo one seems to be new (i had to google it). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/31/franks-vs-tabasco-buffalo_n_1244503.html

would be interested to try it though, i'm sure it'll make it's way here eventually. :)

the more up to date thread would be the one for elephant & castle buffalo wings which is knocking around here somewhere and has been updated in the last few weeks. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144087&page=36

Anyone going to the USA soon??:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

had wings in elephant and castle recently and they were muck!

went to tribeca a while later and we got absolute crap in a basket

about 12 wings that were over cooked and hard. it was like they were sitting there for quite some time. when i went to pull some chick fromt he bone the bone snapped in too like a dried bit of wood

i went up to the manager and informed her. she changed them for fresh ones straight away

and

they were AMAZING!

hittin the harbourmaster, anyone any comments or reviews on their wings?!

Advertisement