Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cake boxes?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm making some cupcakes, cake etc for my sisters birthday. I want to put them in a box and the cupcakes in a box too. I was just wondering does anyone know where to buy them preferably online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

How many boxes do you need? If you only need a few for your sister's birthday your best bet would be asking a local bakery to sell you 2 or 3, as if you're ordering them online you either have to order them by the 100 etc or you will pay quite a bit of delivery for a small order.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

hi elaine, if its just a once off for a special family occassion it might we worth going to TK Maxx, i got cake box with board there a few weeks ago for €6.
    Also not sure if this is what you need but to transport cupcakes to a party before i made a cupcake caddy with pretty paper cups from €2 shop that were cut in half, stuck to cardboard and placed the cardboard in the right size box. pic below, hope this helps!cupcakecaddy2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Homestore&More sometimes have boxes with silver cake bases, in different sizes. (if there was one near you)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Heatons were selling off cake boards for €1.00 or try some of those shops that sell bits of everything and for the boxes Homevalue Hardware might have a bakery section, our one does and they have cake boxes of various sizes including the cake board.

kitchencompliments.ie sell some as well.

showgirlsritas idea is a great one, sometimes we have to improvise finding some way of safely transporting cupcakes can be a pain sometimes.
    I've used biscuit tins and those plastic cake bases with the covers that you can get in some €2 shops.

Some of the art and hobby shops might have little gift boxes or ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

You may be sorted by now but if not - www.alpack.ie sell them in Sandyford Dublin. They hold 6 each and come with inserts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭elaine.rodger

Thanks for everyone getting back to me. I ended up going into a local bakers and got 3 for €1.50 so was very happy and the cake turned out really well too. :)

Advertisement