Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE:Early morning food!!

Options
  • 21-03-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a nice spot for breakfast in the city centre early on Sunday mornings? Am heading up this weekend and will be in the city centre fairly early for a course, so will need sustenance! Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Larder is open from 9.30 if that's any good to you. Lovely food.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Lennox Cafe in Portobello, or there are a few along Sth William St perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

how early?

the gigs place on richmond street south opens at 00:30 til around 06:00 and serves breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 balgirl

Should be in the city centre for 9 or so.its the fact that its Sunday that limits the choice, everywhere seems to be closed!!Looking like Mc Donalds I'd say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Here are at least two options:
    Bewleys on Grafton Street opens at 9am.
    The Larder in Temple Bar opens at 9am.

I'm pretty sure that Cafe Kylemore on O'Connell Street opens around 9am also.

• Advertisement

lxflyer wrote: »
    Here are at least two options:
    Bewleys on Grafton Street opens at 9am.

stay away from the kylemore op, its foul. around the corner on earl street is the earl bakery, they do a lovely breakfast and it should be open early

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Says 9.30 on its website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Taste at the Stephens Green end of South William st do reasonable breakfasts, including eggs benny. And the coffee is nice, free with the breakfast last time I was there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Del rio cafe beside the abbey is good...also Fusciardis's chipper across for the pro cathedral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Yes. I'd go here. It's a good spot with a nice taste.

• Advertisement

Lahm wrote: »
    Yes. I'd go here. It's a good spot with a nice taste.

no offence but you have bad taste

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Degsy wrote: »
    Del rio cafe beside the abbey is good...also Fusciardis's chipper across for the pro cathedral.
    I agree, two good places.

Cosa Nostra too, just across from Fusciardis, in Marlborough St. Though sorry, I'm not sure what time they open at on Sundays.

I'm sorry, I don't get the whole attraction for the Cafe Kylemore, not my kind of place. It wouldn't be where I would go for a nice quiet breakfast.

I think Queen of Tarts is open early (8am I think?) in Cow's Lane. They do a mean vegetarian breakfast (and I'm not even vegetarian). The Larder also would be worth it, if indeed they open at 9am.

Of course, my old perennial favourite is the Kingfisher on Parnell St. I'd say they are open at 9am too. Good refills of coffee and they have good fried eggs. I've never had a bad meal in there, service is good. It made the Dubliner restaurant review book for 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

Not sure what time they start but Brasserie 66 (Georges/Aungier street) does excellent breakfast/brunch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fivestar wrote: »
    Not sure what time they start but Brasserie 66 (Georges/Aungier street) does excellent breakfast/brunch

10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I agree, two good places.

Cosa Nostra too, just across from Fusciardis, in Marlborough St. Though sorry, I'm not sure what time they open at on Sundays.

AFAIK Casanostra closed down recently

mmcn90 wrote: »
    AFAIK Casanostra closed down recently
    Ah no! Not another one gone! I suppose the reason i liked it was because it was so nice and peaceful.

I haven't been breakfasting as much in the city centre lately. I must check in on all my favourite places.

The Metro Cafe also, did someone mention that already? It's open from 8am on Sunday:
    http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/metro_cafe/menu.aspx

OP, hopefully you'll find somewhere other than MacDonalds. Though the O'Connell Bridge/Grafton St. branch are now open at 5am for breakfast. I presume that means on Sundays too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

stay away from the kylemore op, its foul. around the corner on earl street is the earl bakery, they do a lovely breakfast and it should be open early

I'd take Kylemore over the Earl Bakery anyday. While Kylemore isnt great, the Earl Bakery is awful.

The best in the city centre would prob be Del rio's but that is closed on a Sunday. Fischiardis on Marlborough St is also good but wont be open that early. Your best bet is the Kingfisher on Parnell St, across from the Ilac centre - very good breakfast.

I agree, of all of the places, the Kingfisher would be my first choice. It's great all day, but breakfast is the best (served until 12 midday).

http://www.kingfisherdublin.com/restaurant.html

I was so concerned about this, that I just checked for you all..

It is open from 9am on Sunday mornings. If you don't like it, then don't blame me!

It's good for lunch/anytime.

No I don't work for them, I just appreciate good quality food and good value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The STATE of that Kingfisher place. Stay away if you have any taste and don't want to be surrounded by people in cloth tracksuits and pyjamas on Parnell St.
    Odessa does a great brunch, as does Ely at Grand Canal Square. I hear the Bank on dame st does decent brunch too.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    The STATE of that Kingfisher place. Stay away if you have any taste and don't want to be surrounded by people in cloth tracksuits and pyjamas on Parnell St.
    Odessa does a great brunch, as does Ely at Grand Canal Square. I hear the Bank on dame st does decent brunch too.

Did you even bother to read the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

You could probably also go to any Hotel and pay for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Ah here. Kylemore is delicious, and pretty good price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Finally people agree that the Kylemore offers a fine dining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Please explain how cardboard in the shape of rashers that are mildly pink and cost €10 could possibly be "delicious" or "good price"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

sdonn wrote: »
    Please explain how cardboard in the shape of rashers that are mildly pink and cost €10 could possibly be "delicious" or "good price"?
    I usually pay about a fiver for breakfast in there.

And what can I say, it's good food. Tastes delicious.

You can get any 4 piece breakfast in Kylemore which incl. tea/coffee and toast for €4.95. Very good price and the breakfast is fine plus you get to pick what you want. Any additional item is €1. The place is always busy which is a good sign. It has a brilliant location too, right in the middle of O'Connell St. You wont get better for a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 balgirl

Thanks for all the ideas, now the problem is trying to decide where to go :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Cafe Seven on Andrews St (opposite The Old Stand Pub) open at 8am on a Sunday and serve a lovely range of breakfasts.

Advertisement