Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of IUI

Options
  • 21-03-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I've spent a long time reading this forum but have never posted before. We have been ttc for 8 years now without success. I've been on Clomid for the past 4 months but it didn't work. I'm going back to Clane in a few weeks for a consultation for IUI. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of the prices of the drugs I will get, I haven't been told the name but I was told it will be an injection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It depends on the type of the drug. They may start you off with Clomid, then the HcG injection, which is only ten euro or so. But if they are replacing the Clomid with injectibles, it'll get costly.

Our third round of IUI gave us the twins, so good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All, looking for more advice please. I have been attending Clane but we really can't afford it anymore (I'm unemployed) and the magic money pot has run dry. We could borrow money for one go but what if it doesn't work. Just wondering if I went to my GP can I go public for IUI help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

The drugs are cheap as in my clomid and injection was €14 per cycle, however the consultation, insemination etc. cost €520 per cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hugsey

Hi Barbiegirl,
    Do you mind asking you what clinic are you attending? As €520 seems very reasonable for iui. The clinic we are attending charges €1000 :eek:. This includes 3 scans though. So is scans extra for that price your paying. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I was with the Merrion Clinic and it included as many scans as needed. We have to decide this week if we go back there or SIMS (which is more expensive but they do some tests Merrion don't). We miscarried after getting pregnant on third iui then had natural pregnancy which didn't take either. So back to square one now we have all clear to get going again.
    It isn't too bad or sore or anything though as I said to my mates it's the same as inseminaing a cow ;-) humour is a must :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement