Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift ideas for Mother's Day

Options
  • 21-03-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

I'm always awful when it comes to gifts. Any gift ideas for Mother's Day away from flowers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Hi Eoinite,

Most popular gift ideas these days would be pampering treatments like a facial or massage or pamper package. All salons do some sort of pamper packages at a discounted price coming up to Mother's day and they make a great treat. Voucher to get her hair done would be nice too but beauty treatments are always nice and relaxing especially the facial deals salons usually throw in something like a manicure / pedicure with these.

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

Thanks ourtrail. Think she'd love a pamper treatement.

Anyone else with any alternate ideas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

new phone?
    ipod?
    dvds?
    jewellery?
    bring her out for a day and treat her to lunch?
    a subscription to her favourite magazine or screenclick?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pigsback megadeal is quite popular:> http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=6027,6027,VOVMD

Nearly sold out

md_hampers_08.jpg - €57 delivered

Think I have some good options now... thanks for all the ideas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

What date is it this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭raymark

Eoinite wrote: »
    I'm always awful when it comes to gifts. Any gift ideas for Mother's Day away from flowers?
    have you thought about a gift voucher from maybe boots.there are lots of things she can choose from.im a mum of two,and never am really able to buy myself stuff,so my sons buy my moisturisers from boots cause its a good one.perfect and protect .buy two get one free.they always have lots of offers in there.maybe she could get her favourite perfume or something that she always wanted.id be delighted with a gift voucher.and you dont have to spend a fortune.it really is the fact that you thought about her.that really matters.best wishes.raymark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭raymark

What date is it this year?
    nnot this sunday but next sunday.the third of april.regards raymark

Apologies for the lateness of my reply... I've been busy with studies unfortunately so don't get on here as much as I'd like to.

Nice to hear something form a mum's point of view :) I ended up settling for a pamper session as she deserves to get some rest and will also get some nice flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I got my Mother a Lovely Chair last year.........................................But she never plugged it in :rolleyes:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

get something embroidered - can get this done in Guineys

I ended up taking her out shopping for a few hours... helping her do the heavy work in the garden late afternoon and then cooked a meal in the evening when the whole family were together (plus her favourite flowers and pampering voucher)

Advertisement