Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a monthly limit of 120gb too little?

• 21-03-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, im considering going with upc's cheapest broadband connection but am not sure about the limits being imposed. I dont download movies or anything but wouldn't want to be cutting myself off. Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

120GB is quite a lot for 1 month, but it all depends on what you do. Streaming TV in high-def will use a lot on it's own for example. Upload is also counted, so if you're doing online backups or something like that, then this could use a lot of data too.

In general though, 120GB cap is way more than any regular user will need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

If you find after a month its not enough you could always upgrade your package.

From what you have said 120gb should be more than enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Hi, im considering going with upc's cheapest broadband connection but am not sure about the limits being imposed. I dont download movies or anything but wouldn't want to be cutting myself off. Any opinions?

They use the cheapest routing known to man.
    You'd be better off with eircom if you use it for youtube, or video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They use the cheapest routing known to man.
    You'd be better off with eircom if you use it for youtube, or video games.

I'm not sure what cheapest routing means!

I would use youtube alot though. No streamed tv, gaming or online backups though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

It means speed doesn't make up for the networking behind the scenes and you'll feel like you're on 1mbit instead of 10mbit.

youtube might be fine, I was over-reacting due to their recent crapfest on my line.
    2.5mbit instead of 20mbit using their own speedtest. :(
    Even google is slow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement