Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AdWords Help

Options
  • 21-03-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I've been tasked with creating ads for the company I work for. I'm looking to create general ads ie ads related to the different product categories we sell and product specific ads ie ads tailored towards specific products.

I have a question about creating general ads:

I've created a campaign with different ad groups in this campaign to represent the different product categories in our store. I will then create different campaigns for product specific ads. Is this right? I'm a little lost when inputting the keywords for each ad group.

Example:

One of the product categories/ad groups is 'Personal Protection'. I've checked for all the relevant keywords on AdWords for 'Personal Protection' and have chosen 7 terms which have high views (all over 1,000 views).

Are these the only keyword terms I should include for this ad group or should I include keyword terms from all the types of products which fall under this product category as well?

Example: Personal Protection is broken down into: trousers, jackets, eyewear etc etc etc.

Is it relevant to add keywords for all of those terms too or is that more geared towards product specific ads? Should I just include the keywords for 'Personal Protection'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Should I just include the keywords for 'Personal Protection'?
    Yes.

Spend a little time getting to grips with "quality score"; how it's measured, how it impacts cost/performance, the factors that are relevant and you'll understand why you break it down to a granular level.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I've been tasked with creating ads for the company I work for. I'm looking to create general ads ie ads related to the different product categories we sell and product specific ads ie ads tailored towards specific products.

I have a question about creating general ads:

I've created a campaign with different ad groups in this campaign to represent the different product categories in our store. I will then create different campaigns for product specific ads. Is this right? I'm a little lost when inputting the keywords for each ad group.

Example:

One of the product categories/ad groups is 'Personal Protection'. I've checked for all the relevant keywords on AdWords for 'Personal Protection' and have chosen 7 terms which have high views (all over 1,000 views).

Are these the only keyword terms I should include for this ad group or should I include keyword terms from all the types of products which fall under this product category as well?

Example: Personal Protection is broken down into: trousers, jackets, eyewear etc etc etc.

Is it relevant to add keywords for all of those terms too or is that more geared towards product specific ads? Should I just include the keywords for 'Personal Protection'?

It's easy to over-think it and not be able to see the wood for the trees - but a golden rule to always ask yourself before you create an ad group is 'do all the keywords I am about to add reflect what the ads are selling or offering?

In other words:

-Look at the website (or in your case the product categories, etc).

-Then create ads that reflect those products or the products on a particular page.

-Then add the keywords which mirror the ad text.

You should have no keywords in an ad group which do not completely reflect the ad text.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Advertisement