Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC took a knock - replaced HDD but that wasn't the fix!

• 21-03-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

My PC presumably took a knock in transit. So i replaced the harddrive thinking that was it - a cheap trial and error too nowadays, but the same issue occurs with the old and new HD.

The issue: Turn on the PC it'll clear BIOS but then screen goes black and stays black. With the new hard drive it begin to load the windows files for installation but hits a point and stays at that junction (presumably the same junction before boot load)

Any ideas what could have got smashed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What version of windows have you installed on the hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pigman2000

cookie1977 wrote: »
    What version of windows have you installed on the hard drive?

? - vista, but when i have the new HD in it - it then bombs when it's copying windows (vista) files for installation from the cd/dvd drive.

EDIT: - the new hard drive is brand new - no windows on it - i'm attempting just to lash on a new install of windows like

Put your windows cd in to the drive and restart the PC. If it doesn't boot automatically then restart the PC and press f2. Go into the bios and change the boot order to CD first. then reboot the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Reseat the cpu and memory.

ye it could be the memory.

• Advertisement

will give that a shot later! thanks

yep that was it - cpu was unseated a bit - thanks a lot

Advertisement