Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION]Support Earth Hour: Win a break at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa Hotel

Options
  • 21-03-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

We’re nearing the end of March already, which means it’s time to gear up for Earth Hour!

On March 26th from 8:30 to 9:30pm, people and businesses around the world will participate in the event, and we’re proud to be a part of it. Last year during Earth Hour, hundreds of millions of people in over 125 countries turned out their lights in order to raise awareness for the need to combat climate change. Ireland was no different, including 12 Temple Bar venues who held Trad Night by candlelight. We want to help make this year even bigger!

To celebrate Earth Hour, we’re running a competition; if you win, you will see first hand that being energy efficient doesn’t necessarily mean you have to skimp on luxury.

Our prize up for grabs is a stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, one of Ireland’s most exclusive and tranquil retreats.

inchyoney1.jpg

Located in Cork, Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa Hotel is one of Ireland's greenest hotels, creating an annual CO2 saving of 500 tonnes per annum through its use of solar arrays, wood pellet boilers and heat recovery systems, which led to it winning the 2007 SEI Award for Renewable Energy. It is also committed to responsible business, recycling and waste management. Last year, the resort even shut its own lights off during Earth Hour!

inchydoneyspa.jpg

As a part of the prize package, the winner and their guest will be treated to a night in a deluxe ocean view room with a private terrace, a full Irish breakfast, Inchydoney’s Pure Treats Pamper Package, and lunch in the resort’s lounge.

Full prize details:
    • Overnight accommodation in a deluxe room with ocean view balcony / terrace.
    • A Full Irish Buffet Breakfast in the Gulfstream Restaurant
    • A Pure Treats Pamper Package per person which includes 3 treatments in the Island Spa followed by lunch in the Lounge.
    • Access to the heated Seawater Therapy Pool, Hammam and Relaxation Areas.

To be entered into our random draw, just leave a comment below.

If you're stuck for something to say, why not very briefly tell us how you'll be spending your Earth Hour in the dark? (Keep it clean though) ;)

Best of luck!

David

(BTW the closing date is midnight Sunday 27th March – see our Ts&Cs here)

(BOARDS.IE EDIT 23/03 - Please note, we have changed this competition heading from a "weekend" to a "break" to highlight that the stay, though over two days, has one night's accommodation, as stated above. Apologies for any confusion caused.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given the day that I'm having at work, I'd love a relaxing trip away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

Roll on a nice few days away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

I'll spend earth hour chilling out because I'm a stressed student who also works part time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 anrinn184

This little lady needs her batteries revitalised, a break in Inchydonny would be Electric. It would also reignite that first spark with my lovely husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Comment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

ill spend earth hour,playin with all the gadgets im gonna be able to buy off the esb store because ill be saveing money on my holiday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I'd like to spend 26th March dreaming about Inchydoney - whether in the light or dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭charlie1966

I will spend the hour of darkness scaring the living daylights out of my kids.:D

I just can't help myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

I'de Love a weekend away, being a poor,penniless student and all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭daisy1984

Please Pick me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Hmmm, Inchydoney? That's where Fianna Fail used to hold their "think-in" get togethers under Bertie...
    If it's good enough for those 5 star loving feckers it's good enough for me. Sign me up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

I'll be spending Earth Hour walking through the city centre looking at all the vacant buildings with their lights still on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Can I roll up my trouser legs like Bertie and go for a paddle?

:D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I would do ANYTHING for a nice spa break away. You know those Lotto Ads.."id let my dad do my makeup...on my wedding day...in the dark". Thats how I feel about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

i remember Earth Hour last year, the kids thought i was mad going around unpluging things & switching the lights off. It was nice sitting in the candle light for an hour & doing me bit for the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ooh pick me, pick me im flat broke and would give anything for a nice night of relaxation away:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

i could do with that!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

I reckon I'll be spending earth hour looking through my telescope. Get optimum use of the darkness with no light pollution from the house:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I will be working for earth hour this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

A poor student like me wouldnt know what to do in a place like that, I promise not to rob the spoons if I win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

ah sure go on, put my name in if you really must...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

I'll spend Earth Hour doing [insert cheesy comment about ESB and how great they are here].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

lets see half 8 to half 9 on monday, ill be waiting to turn the electricity back on haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

be in bed anyway, as working nights!!

Could really do with a few days away.. Cork maybe a spa or something!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Im In:)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

During earth hour, we will be practising the maths and spelling homework!
    A break away would be bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Oh that place is awesome, good surf on the beaches, sign me up please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 eoghanmcdonnell

I like weekends away!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Drinking by candlelight thinking about how I can save the world;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

savage lookin beach would love a weekend there:D

Advertisement