Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION]Support Earth Hour: Win a break at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa Hotel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Random comment... yeah I'm pretty random

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

If you saw me, you'd realise how much I need it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

for earth hour i always light candles and have a nice family hour, might even play monopoly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Oh, I would like to win this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

It's not for me, my mammy will be getting this if I win, it's the least I can do for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aquarian_fire

A break away would be amazing! I'd probably spend earth hour studying for my exams in the candlelight... I much prefer candlelight to electrical light anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

Sweet Prize,

count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

So what will I do? There's plenty I can do. Boardgames, reading a book, knitting or sewing. I could even (shock horror) talk to the hubby for a change.
    Truth be told I'll maybe teach the kids some new songs. If the weather holds we might sit out on the patio under our sleeping bags and watch the stars for a while.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tell the kids this is what it was like in the olden days when granny and grandad were kids and dinosaurs still walked the earth:)
    My 2 year old will take in every word and then go repeat bits of it to everyone:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

an awkwardly romantic dinner in with the inlaws ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

sitting watching tv with the lights on with the immersion on to take a shower. boiling some water for some tea too. i do love my electicity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Love the ideal of ''earth hour'' great to see a luxurious place like this getting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭anto77

i was going to watch the match but maybe il just plug everything out instead...pick me, pick me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I shall be out for a relaxing walk in the (hopefully) sunshine with my lovely mum.
    Would love to checkout this spa. Sounds really lovely.
    Thanks for the competition win opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

My sis wants to win and isn't registered, so she's been pestering me to leave a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Fragglefur

I'll be working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I work with kids and I need a break! PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Lock thread now, I'll have it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

Oooh, pick me, pick me!

//jumps up and down with hand in the air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sambos

MMMM INCHYDONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

I'd love to have some time to spend in Inchydoney to unwind and spend some time introducing himself to the beauty of Cork. I've extolled its virtues for so long, but sadly due to budgetary constraints we've never made it down.

On Saturday for Earth Hour I'm going to be turning off all lights and electronics in the house, walking outside and hopefully I'll be able to have a glass of wine in the dark. Only shame is that the horrible and totally unnecessary amber street lights in my tiny village will ruin the potential to have a truly dark experience:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I'll be be observing my Earth Hour during the 60 minutes I lose on transition to Summertime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

The wife would love a relaxing break here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CarlR

I'll probably be spending my earth hour watching some TV... Oh wait! :D

But seriously this would be an amazing gift for my parents upcoming anniversary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 needsanswers

Repeating my LC as a Mature Student... could really do with a nice relaxing break... so could my poor old boyfriend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Beautiful hotel, in a beautiful location....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Playing the pity me game :D I need this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GerMaxwell

i need this holiday now more than anything PLEASE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Oh, I would love to win! I really need a break!

Advertisement