Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION]Support Earth Hour: Win a break at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

One night thinking of Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa Hotel , when my charge was pretty high, I Micro-Farad decided to seek out a cute coil to let her discharge.

I picked up my wife Milli-Amp and took her for a ride on my Megacycle down to Cork. We rode across the Bandon Bridge, around the Sine Waves,and stopped in the Magnetic Field by a flowing current near Clonakilty.

I was so attracted by Milli-Amp's characteristic curves, I soon had her fully charged and excited her resistance to a minimum when she saw the beauty of the Hotel we were going to.

I laid her on the ground potential, raised her frequency, and lowered her reluctance. I pulled out my high voltage probe and inserted it in her socket, connecting us in parallel and began short circuiting her resistance shunt.

Fully excited, Milli-Amp mumbled "OHM-OHM-OHM". With my tube operating at maximum and her field vibrating with a current flow, her shunt overheated, and I was rapidly discharged and drained of every electron.

We fluxed all night trying various connections and sockets until my magnet had a soft core and had lost all it's field strength. Afterwards, Milli-Amp tried self-induction and damaged her solenoids. And with my battery nearly fully discharged, I was unable to excite my field, so we spent the rest of the night reversing polarity and blowing each other's fuses.

It was then that we decided to go for a swim and just as I entered the water I earthed my self, the lights went out I was out of action for an hour! What a way to spend Earth Hour !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 venusnoire

I'd light some candles and cuddle under the sheets with my boyfriend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

i will spend earth hour sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I do love Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

A big snuggle on the couch with my OH without any electronic distractions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'll hopefully spend earth hour, dreaming about our trip in Inchydoney Hotel and Spa, as my wonderful fiancé deserves it sooo much after the year we have had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

You can't beat a night in by candlelight!

thats how myself and my better half will be spending earth hour:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

bit of night photography for me, seeing as there will be less light pollution than normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ciarashauna

I will be spending Earth hour studying for the Leaving Cert by candlelight. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hagbard

I love Earth Hour so much I will spend the entire hour on planet Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

When God said 'let there be light' he didn't charge for it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Im In;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Would love to go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 csographer

After last weeks power outage in North Dublin I've had practice...
    10 mins in I was crackin up, no internet, no television, no radio aaaaahhhhh
    Scrabble Saved me.

Earth Hour we're playing scrabble, drinking wine and cuddling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Miami Snow

I'll be taking a well deserved break from college work this earth hour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Im not even gonna be on Earth for it!

Flyin to Italy!

Just wanted to stick my name in the hat! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I never say no to free stuff :pac:

Usually do the Earth Hour thing so no change this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

Great Place
    Great Idea
    Great to win!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

I want this prize, love Inchydoney!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

chuck want please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

I'll take it if no one's interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

we are going to spend earth hour telling stories to our kids like they did back in the day before all the technology came in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

If it's a clear night, I'll be outside stargazing and taking the chance to see if I can spot any satellites passing over

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shive

star gazing....whilst contemplating a lovely pampering trip away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gazmic1

IT is such a beautiful part of the world and so relaxing I would love to win.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i'll spend earth hour playing chess by candlelight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

I would read a good spooky Victorian novel like The Woman in White- by candlelight for added atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

I'll spend earth hour with my fiance, curled up beside the fire and enjoying the simple things in life. Appreciating what we have and how lucky we really are to be able to enjoy the luxury of electricity everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Turned off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mine

Advertisement