Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION]Support Earth Hour: Win a break at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Earth hour reading to the kids by candlelight getting them to sleep sounds good !

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

Would love to relax on a weekend away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'd use it to finally tell a friend how i really feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

Inchydoney does it nicely and while it gets dark oh I guess :- candle a bra
    Is that illuminating enough, I think so.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd love a weekend away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

On Earth day I will have a nice romantic candle light diner with the love of my life. And I would love to win this weekend break to this amazing place to celebrate our love and get away from the city and find some peace and tranquillity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'll spend earth hour curled up in my chair reading a book by candlelight and dreaming of my trip to the spa courtesy of the ESB!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 johnjoe99

My wife would love this as she returns to work following maternity leave. The idea of leaving her little boy is heart breaking for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

I will be in Lansdowne Road for the qualifier V Macedonia so I hope they postpone their Earth Hour until about 10.00 pm. If they are going for it 8.30 to 9.30 I want my money back from the FAI!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

Earth hour will be spent in a hot bath (water heated up before Earth Hour!) - sorrounded by lots of candles -aaaaaaaaah relaxing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Earth hour will involving a famaily gathering for my mothers 87th Birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

I'm a poor student. So probably spend the night studying by candlelight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hcash

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa,.......Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Earth hour cleaning up after my daughters 5th birthday can't wait, the candles should be fun....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

wow what a great prize, needless to say I'd love to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

I will turn of all electrics and lit a special candle during Earth hour for all the people of Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I will spend the hour of darkness sleeping I LOVE MY BED :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rolypoly

I will turn off the electrics around the house and then spend the hour going around after the kids to turn off stuff they turn back on........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Had my honeymoon in the inchydoney hotel, it would be great to have my 3rd wedding anniversary there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I recently paid over €1600 to ESB Networks to get connected so my holiday fund is non-existant!
    We'll have all our energy efficient bulbs off durong Earth hour but please ESB dont keep me in the dark, supply us with this weekend in Inchydoney where we can re-charge our batteries to the sound of the Atlantic, imagining the possibilities of Wave power electricity generation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mr.Gaddaffi

I have developed an alternative source of energy and I'm not telling anyone what it is until I get the prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

I'll spend it looking for a torch!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

What I will not be doing is switching to Airtricity or Bord Gais thoughout Earth Hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Was pleasantly surprised with my recent ESB bill ... I have storage heaters & I expected a whopper after the winter we had. And it wasn't estimated I checked. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rua327

Great prize. I proposed to my wife on the beach at Inchydoney in front of a black Labrador who would not stop following us (as if I wasn't nervous enough like). Needless to say that I would love to win this. Fingers x'ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Fifilefleure

Comment!! :) Would love the weekend away!! :) Will be switching off everything during Earth hour and playing scrabble with candlelight - sometimes it's good to be retro lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Would love this prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Light the candles and play charades with the kids. Corny but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

candles rock!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I should win this cos its my birthday today :)

Advertisement