Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitters required for portrait exhibition

Options
  • 21-03-2011 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

I am part of a group exhibition coming up in late May. I will be displaying images from an on going project where I meet people on-line then show up at a location of their choice and photograph then naked or semi-nude.

'I want the viewer to contemplate the reasons and motives of both photographer and sitter; and in return question our human desire, so often regarded as impolite, to watch and be watched and how the internet has fed on this very human trait'

If you would be interested in participating or would like further info feel free to message me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

{Moderator Note}

Leaving this thread here and open as I find a rather intriguing post and concept.

LEADzine - it would be great if you could provide a few more details of your working method, what results you already have and when/where the exhibition will take place.

Also expect a few questions by regulars on this forum about this, so it would be great if you could come back on those too.

If no replies and/or answers from OP on questions, thread will be closed.

People who wish to contribute - contact by PM only please.
    Also: when meeting up with the OP, keep your average internet meeting
    rules and precautions in mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LEADzine

Hi - No problem!

More info:

The exhibition is running over the weekend of 20th of May in La Cathedral, Thomas Street, Dublin 8.
    It is for 2nd year students of the BA in Photography in Griffith College to showcase an art based project they have been working on.

I have shot with a number of people from different age groups, races, body shapes etc. so far most people have decided to shoot in their own home. I use a cannon 5D mkII, for the project I am only using natural light, since the subjects are nude or semi nude I try avoid making anything else in the image sexual in nature as that is not what the project is about.
    For anyone interested I can supply images already confirmed for the exhibition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

LEADzine wrote: »
    I have shot with a number of people from different age groups, races, body shapes etc. so far most people have decided to shoot in their own home.

Fascinating project. Is there any attempt to conceal the identity of the sitter to preserve his/her anonymity?

Hi Hugh

So far no, the people I have worked with so far have not asked to remain anonymous (each person OK's their images before I use it). I have done so in the past in a previous project with gay members of the travelling community, some of whom wanted to be part of it but were frightened to show who they were.

Since this project is more about (IMO) our human desire to display and to watch I'm not sure I would work with hiding faces etc as it adds another element to it all.

An example of one image that is going to be in the exhibition:

20110218_0273.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 photogeek

HI. Its a lovely shot, especially with the natural light. Its an interesting idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

id b interested and mayb my partner , we r up in donegal though

Advertisement