Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a Home Gym

Options
  • 21-03-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

With TF closing down 3 weeks after i paid for a yearly membership i was at first annoyed but now i see this as an opportunity !

I want to convert my shed into a home gym with enough equipment to satisfy my needs but also to keep the costs as low as possible.

• I reckon I'll need Olympic barbell with ~200kg worth of plates for deadlift
    • Pull up stand of some sort ( would prefer something that doesn't require a door as the sheds outside and i dont like doing pull ups in rain)
    • Squat rack which could double up and be used for bench press.
    • Free weights such as KettleBells and dumbbells
    Would anyone know of places and preferably with first hand experience of dealing with them which might sell this type of gear ??
    Also any advice from people who have done the same ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,256 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Irish-lifting.com

as for the pullups, buy a rack that allows to a pull up attachment, or get one made (atachment, not a rack)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

The power cages that Irish Lifting sell have pull-up bars and also dip attachments :)

I have recently purchased a power cage, bench, Oly bars and weights from Irish Lifting and quality is really great. Best investment I have made in a long time. No more waiting in the gym for folks to finish bicep curling in the racks/cages before I can squat :)

The cage and bench allows me to squat & flat/incline/decline bench.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation what so ever with Irish Lifting. I am purely a satisified customer.

Advertisement