Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Whey Protein?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Anybody work out in the westmeath area? Where do you buy your protein supplements?

Any shops that could be recommended?.....in Mullingar, Athlone perhaps.

I've heard Holland and Barrett sell the stuff but unsure about the make or quality.

Any help appreciated....:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

There's a supplement shop at Custume Place Athlone on the same block as Gertie's pub (near the bridge). The guy running it is very informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

THE ICE MAN CHUCK LIDDELL :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

My 2 cents......

Steak, liver, eggs and the full fat organic milk outta lidl is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

McSharrys Pharmacy in Golden Island, Athlone also have a good selection. Or did a while back anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 A.Tyrrell

www.Discountsupplements.ie

The site is cheap and free next day delivery over 50e which isnt bad and is only 5e delivery if you don't spend 50:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Enthony

Uch probably internet can help for you !here is fiew good ones:

www.supplementsdublin.ie
    www.nutrtionconecion.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

in Athlone Elverys stock Kinetica and ON products

In Mullingar, Elverys and Outlet Sports on the main street stock Kinetica products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

what would be the best protein for beginners to take i.e. whey protein and any particular brand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

try the Kinetica stuff.
    the chocolate flavour is palatable

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FlicFlak

The best in Athlone is Top Pro Supplements, he was beside Gerties pub but has since moved, hes across the road from Marys discount store and Dunnes, directly across the road from where O'Neills pub used to be. He knows his stuff and is very cheap, able to match or beat prices off the internet!!
    The other place is the Vitamin shop, beside Coppers pub, never been there so cant comment.
    Then theres the honey pot at Golden Island, well across the road. Decent selection but very expensive, ar one point it was the only place in town!
    Holland and Barrett in Golden Island have a nice selection but only worth it when the sales are on (i.e. one cent sale for the good stuff or buy one get one free).
    Still recommend Top Pro supplements, the guy knows his stuff!

• Advertisement
Advertisement