Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest bus to town from Ongar/Beechfield D 15 Sigh Seeing tour!

Options
  • 21-03-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi all is there an express bus from Ongar to the city centre? I got the bus at weekend think it was the 39 my god it went around the whole of dublin 15 it was R I D I C U L O U S.
    Surely there is a more direct service from Ongar to the city then the Dublin 15 tour bus
    I heard there was an express bus from littlepace to the city that went out to the navan road but cant see this on dublinbus.ie
    hmm anyone have ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Get he 39a, it goes to the shopping centre and then on the the N3 and into town.
    Or get the train at clonsilla station.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi,

I used to get the 39a but you are right, it is like a sightseeing tour of Dublin 15 and can take up to 1.5 hours.

Now I get the 70 bus from Littlepace Shops and it takes no more than 45mins, it flies in. Even quicker off peak! HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you want direct. The train is what you want.

Or cycle it. Its probably quicker.

The 39a route got changed with the dublin bus overhual.
    I have never been on it for longer then 40 mins in or out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Cheers all there used to be Express Services a 70X and a 39X have they been discontinued? Hmm cut backs maybe

• Advertisement

Yes the X buses have been discontinued and the stop in town changed so check the website. www.dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dubsox

The 39A route may have been shortened but it's still one of the longest routes on the Dublin Bus network. It's also a very busy route and there are tons of stops on the Hartstown, Huntstown, Blakestown loop...not compaining (those folks are entitled to a bus service) but just stating a fact.

I usually get the train from Clonsilla (walk to the train station) or from Castleknock (drive to Blanchardstown).

A few weeks back, I tried to get the bus from Ongar to Clonsilla train station to meet the 8.32 train but the 39 never showed up so I had no alternative but to get on a 39A in to the city at 8.20 instead.

I reached my destination (Nassau Street) at 9.25. Might try it again this week just to see if there is any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Dubsox wrote: »
    A few weeks back, I tried to get the bus from Ongar to Clonsilla train station to meet the 8.32 train but the 39 never showed up so I had no alternative but to get on a 39A in to the city at 8.20 instead.

Hopefully that will be a thing of the past once Hansfield opens, although it makes me wonder how far along they are with the access road :/

Advertisement