Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Obama to visit Galway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

plenty of things to see in Mayo - most important he should be taken to rossport and shown what has been done to the people there while the govt turns a blind eye to the thugs beating people up in the name of shell.

if he comes to galway on the request of crowe, he'd make us cut down all the trees in case people might hide or climb them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Pretty pathetic to be still making fun of Crowe over one badly phrased press release years ago. Why don't you run next time dolphin? IF you get elected, we can see your hundreds of press releases, listen to your hundreds of interviews and see if you never make a mistake.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

AngeGal wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic to be still making fun of Crowe over one badly phrased press release years ago. Why don't you run next time dolphin? IF you get elected, we can see your hundreds of press releases, listen to your hundreds of interviews and see if you never make a mistake.:rolleyes:

Did he rescind it afterwards and explain he really loved trees and they were mother nature's way of making us smile. No.
    And yes it will be dragged up again and again..

I don't particularly care if O'Bama ventures to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Over one badly phrased press release?!? Oh come on!

Crowe has shown himself up time and time again for being an utter idiot. As i said before in the "Michael Crowe" thread, lets hope he gets the message from the election count and ceases in his efforts to act as a " representative" of this city. Apart from a few FF diehards, nobody wants him, nobody trusts him and nobody likes him.

As for Obama, I'd quite like to see him in Galway but dunno if i could be dealing with the whole security part interfering with my day.

nah, not much interest in greed or screwing people over myself. I'm afraid that phrase will stick with him - in fact it will probably be etched on his tombstone. thats what you get for being an eejit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

McTigs wrote: »
    Over one badly phrased press release?!? Oh come on!

Crowe has shown himself up time and time again for being an utter idiot. As i said before in the "Michael Crowe" thread, lets hope he gets the message from the election count and ceases in his efforts to act as a " representative" of this city. Apart from a few FF diehards, nobody wants him, nobody trusts him and nobody likes him.

As for Obama, I'd quite like to see him in Galway but dunno if i could be dealing with the whole security part interfering with my day.

Regardless of your view McTigs, he is a representative of this city, he has been since he topped the poll in 2004 and is likely to be for as long as he pleases. You may not like it but it's called democracy. Edited to add if he is such an utter idiot why not run yourself in 3 years and take his seat? It's easy to hurl on the sidelines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

plenty of things to see in Mayo - most important he should be taken to rossport and shown what has been done to the people there while the govt turns a blind eye to the thugs beating people up in the name of shell.

if he comes to galway on the request of crowe, he'd make us cut down all the trees in case people might hide or climb them.

That's gas!

Regardless of your view McTigs, he is a representative of this city, he has been since he topped the poll in 2004 and is likely to be for as long as he pleases. You may not like it but it's called democracy. Edited to add if he is such an utter idiot why not run yourself in 3 years and take his seat? It's easy to hurl on the sidelines.
    I hurl every time time he opens his trap to be honest.

Topped the poll 7 years ago did he? hardly matters now. Back then he was regarded as young, independant and a fresh face for the council, someone with new ideas.

Since then he has joined Fianna Fail and shown himself to be just another career/property portfolio politician with an uncanny knack for making a tit of himself in the local newspapers.

His properties being rented to the council was the last straw for most people and that showed on election day.

And i'm not going to run for council cos i have neither the time nor the inclination.

I am however a resident of galway city and a taxpayer and as such i am perfectly entitled to criticize our "representatives" if my view is that they have far more interest in looking after their own interests on city time than doing what they were elected to do. Crowe is a case in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

From Obama to Mayo's tourist attractions (or lack in some eyes) to Crowe's intelligence. Maybe we should ban buckfast "looney juice" for Obama's visit... I'm sure Crowe would be delighted :D

Obama's visit doesn't excite me much but anything that gives the town some publicity is welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

This is what amazes me about boards, this was supposed to be about President Obama visiting Galway and insted it goes off track having a go at the Mayor. Stay on track here guys

i think thats because its the mayor that is campaigning to get him to come to galway and that mayor at the minute is crowe - thats the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Yeah, the most vocal people have been Mayor Crowe and Cllr Conneely. Two of our finest politicians....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

As a matter of interset is there any news of a visit ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Couple of ex American military fellas hanging around the Spanish arch premises this week.
    Very official and I have met a fair few of them in the past to be fairly certain they were here just checking the place out in advance of a visit.
    Whether he comes or not they would do a reconnaissance of the localty well in advance with a few separate teams.
    We had them in our building when Bush visited Paris and these guys were very much of a similar calibre.

Sugarfree wrote: »
    Mayo is a quite a popular tourist county. Its not full of its own s hite either unlike the puke laden streets of Galway city.

Funny that considering the vast amount of that belongs to blow ins from places like Mayo.

Us locals know how to look after our own area... so look towards your own people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Apparently Obama will be visiting Galway, I hear he plans on goin' for a bottle down da Spanish Arch and den goin' up Supermacs Eyre Square ta box da teeth a' the first Mayo mang he can find. Yup outta dat, tome buzz!

:pac:

Maybe these new 'sercet service' types are scoping all the empty apartment blocks in Doughiska, because they are looking for a new home for the Guantanamo prisoners and they are so happy that lovely little 'neutral' Ireland allows their troops to buy green fluffy leprechauns in Shannon. Begorrah.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So what happened to this last ditch intensive lobbying to bring Barry to Galway?

In other news, Prince Albert of Monaco will be visiting the Marine Institute in Oranmore next week.

Heard some paper said he's coming to Ireland for five hours. What a massive boom for tourism that will be. Hell, some of the US soldiers 'passing through' Shannon might have spent longer here.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

mink_man wrote: »
    Galway advertiser on facebook said a few other famous figures who came to galway got killed not long after, the pope, a previous american president and someone else.

Pope JP II came to Galway in 1979, he died in 2005, so right after then.

Big yawn to all the Mayo hate in this forum tonight aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

I heard he will only be in the country for 37 hours so the likelihood of him making it to Galway is slim :(

Advertisement