Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Campers in Germany/Europe

• 21-03-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36

Hi all. I'm looking to buy a camper van and like everyone else I'm looking for value for money. I'm looking for at least a 4 birth and not a conversion.

I have been looking for a while now but I'm looking to see what they have on offer in Germany/Europe. If anyone has some experience in buying there or knows a website that has campers for sale I would appreciate their insight.

Also if someone reading this has one for sale I would be interested in having a look at what they have.

I have about 15k to spend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/campers/for-sale/Ireland/

done deals your friend
    lots of great value at the moment

http://www.pathoranmotors.com/?p=550
    aidan mm from here has one that might fit you

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Dont forget the new vrt regulations when bringing a camper into Ireland,not meaning to pimp but check out donegal for motorhome sales,:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aidan_M_M was on here just this week saying that with the new VRT these days, that its actually more expensive to get german ones than it is to buy ones here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Thats right Fingers , I know it sounds like BS sales talk , but it was the truth . And as any of our customers will vouch for, I'm no salesman! Just a humble spannermonkey .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

To be fair, 99% of what you post here is techie stuff for maintaining you're wagon or fault finding. The rest maybe about sales. Therefore imo, you're word in relation to buying vans is just as credible as you're techie info.

Seriously, who better to give advise than someone who works on them day in day out......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

My brothers colleague picked up 64k worth of camper less than one year old with an additional safari room, motorised satellite system and other bits and bobs with all of 1900 miles on it for 31k in November.

I reckon he could drive it to almost any country in europe and make a 20k profit.

Definitely value to be had in Ireland at the moment!

Advertisement