Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat HDR box's.

• 21-03-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

could anyone tell me where i could get a humax foxsat HDR freesat box and/or sagem HDR freesat box at the best price...online or brick and mortor please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭montgolfiere

try a "grade 'a' Humax HDR" from the Humax Direct Website.
    the Skyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wally Baby

Bought my Humax Foxsat HDR in Currys Tottenham Hale Retail Park on way back to catch Stansted flight last year - 5 mins from tube/ rail station - Currys was best price at the - also was available from Johm Lewis and Argus Extra (uk) at the time - great bit of kit - highly recommended.

A mild gripe / word of warning:

There is a twin tuner but channels seem to come in groups and if you are recording one the range of other channels you can watch at the same time is restricted to those outside the ones in the 'recorded' group. There are twin co-ax inputs and the handbook advises you to take 2 separate co-axs to inputs. I had to change my LNB and get extra cabling done to allow this but it had no effect. I have not got to bottom of this yet. If anyone has a suggestion on this it would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭montgolfiere

Wally Baby wrote: »
    Bought my Humax Foxsat HDR in Currys Tottenham Hale Retail Park on way back to catch Stansted flight last year - 5 mins from tube/ rail station - Currys was best price at the - also was available from Johm Lewis and Argus Extra (uk) at the time - great bit of kit - highly recommended.

A mild gripe / word of warning:

There is a twin tuner but channels seem to come in groups and if you are recording one the range of other channels you can watch at the same time is restricted to those outside the ones in the 'recorded' group. There are twin co-ax inputs and the handbook advises you to take 2 separate co-axs to inputs. I had to change my LNB and get extra cabling done to allow this but it had no effect. I have not got to bottom of this yet. If anyone has a suggestion on this it would be welcome.

i also have found that when these boxes have been used on a single feed they can be difficult to get to recognise the second cable.... and therefore work correctly
    my advice is firstly dont use on a single cable if possible before setting up on the dual feed and secondly keep trying 'factory Resets' until the box works correctly. maybe try switching the cables around this has worrked for me!!! All my 'problem installations have eventually work OK. if not i would suggest there might actually be a fault and the box needs returning / replacing under guarantee!! these Humax HDR Boxes have proved on occasions to be a bit tricky to set up initially.... wont recognise postcodes, single/dual feed issues etc etc. Also NEVER try to set up unless the Signal is Known to be working OK.
    The Skyman

Thanks Montgolfiere - will try factory resets

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

If the HDR is initalised with a single cable it won't recognise the second cable without a factory reset.

There may be a way around this, haven't tried it myself.

• Advertisement

Thanks all - Single reset did the trick.

paulcdub85 - sorry for hi-jacking thread - hope you get sorted with kit.

By the way - Anyone know why our public service broadcaster doesn't just join Freesat? Do we really need Saorsat?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Thanks all - Single reset did the trick.

paulcdub85 - sorry for hi-jacking thread - hope you get sorted with kit.

By the way - Anyone know why our public service broadcaster doesn't just join Freesat? Do we really need Saorsat?

Freesat broadcasts from astra 2d and has a large footprint covering most of Europe and rights would cost too much.

However, a deal with Freesat could be done where the EPG is broadcats on Freesat which would be able to switch the satellite to 9E for NI post codes, so people in the North could use it that way (and so could we)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    could anyone tell me where i could get a humax foxsat HDR freesat box and/or sagem HDR freesat box at the best price...online or brick and mortor please?

Thanks in advance.

The 500 gb Foxsat is fluctuating in price on amazon.co.uk. Has been as low as £250 with free shipping in the last week. Back up to £265 at the moment.

Humax has ceased making the 320 gb version and announced last week that the 500gb is now the entry model. There is speculation that the 500gb price will drop when the last of the 320gb model have shifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

If you are in a hurry for a flight then my suggestion is don't shop in Argos. I bought a freesat box in London a couple of years ago and they wanted my name and address for TV license purposes. Rather than making up an address (as anyone with no TV license would do) I gave them my actual address in "Eire".

There was a "computer says no" scene for about 10 mins until the store manager was called to override the system. This involved me writing my name and address on the back of their copy of my receipt.

Have had no calls from the UK tv license man yet.

Thanks for reminding me - I had the same issue in Currys-resolve in the same way by manager- not much of a fight though- they were more concerned with defeating the computer and taking my money,

• Advertisement
Advertisement