Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone getting any errors connecting?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭

Basically, I don't have an active account now and was planning on letting it update and pop into town for a gamecard but it's not connecting at all to the internet; nothing with Blizzard is. I should be missing the last patch but I can't download it or even get the launcher up.

I have all the ports opened rthat are needed, I also don't have anything like a firewall or whatnot and normally it works but recently I had to reset the modem/router (a UPC wireless one) and I assumed I did everything right with the setup now but I must have missed something.

Any advice?

Quick edit: Okay, apprently I had to fix Internet Explorer and I get to use the WoW.exe application but I still can't update it and I'm on 4.03 patch. I can't login either since my account has no play time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

I also don't have anything like a firewall or whatnot

Forsee a future hacked account thread i do !

25.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Very helpful. :P

I meant I don't have anything to block the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

What exact error message are you getting?

If you are using Kaspersky pause the protection feature, CA Security needs to be uninstalled temporarily and Comodo just disable it. Any other security software you are using just disable it.

You can also try booting up your machine in safe mode with networking, running the application as Admin if that doesn't work. Add the launcher to your firewall and make sure all necessary ports are open.

Also have a look at this thread, that's all I can think of at the moment but get back to me if you are still having problems.

Tech Forums

Cheers,
    Tom

Advertisement