Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Family Meal

Options
  • 21-03-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant suitable for a 70th birthday family meal, medium to high priced, that would also be baby friendly (would have to be an early sitting..). I was thinking of something on a par with the Marco Pierre White restaurant on Dawson Street.

Thanks,
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

This is exactly what I am looking for right now.
    I have both parent's 70th's coming up this year, don't think we'll have a party as such, so maybe just a nice meal out with full family, including 3 grandkids under 5.
    Any suggestions?

OP, did you find somewhere suitable 8 years ago?
    Would you recommend it, and does it still exist?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What size group are you looking at, all in? Many restaurants have private rooms available where the smaller children would not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,136 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Does it have to be in city centre? How about Howth?
    https://www.oarhouse.ie/function-room/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rolys in Ballsbridge is good for this.
    As younger family coming, maybe do a Sat / Sunday lunch there?
    Food and service always good and price reasonable.
    Allows the older gang the evening if you so wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Our group will be max 12ppl, with be 6-8 adults.
    Not sure it's enough to justify a private dining room, but will bear it in mind, especially if the plan ends up extending to friends and other family.

We're all based in South Dublin, but will definitely give Howth some thought, could be a nice little adventure rather than just town.
    And yep, well probably be a late-ish lunch on weekend.

Not a huge fan of Roly's, I know it always comes up in these threads and it rocks all the boxes. I think its just because I associate it with the afters from a very emotional funeral years ago, so not their fault :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wild Goose Grill in Ranelagh is always good for a nice lunch and I’ve often seen kids in there.

Michael’s in Mount Merrion would be nice too, tell them in advance that it’s for a special occasion and they’ll take good care of you.

The Old Spot on Bath Avenue does very good lunches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Top floor of the pigs ear, provided stairs aren't an issue for people.

Lovely private room, seats about 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

Fallon & Byrne upstairs, nice seasonal menu, good selection of drinks by the glass, kid friendly and excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Chophouse in Ballsbridge could be another option - or Avoca have just opened up on Shelbourne Road with their Fodder restaurant - they have a kids menu

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Avalon above Donnybrook Fair in Donnybrook is a lovely spot as well.

Or Wild Goose in Ranelagh as mentioned above.

They're our two go-to places for family meals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

What about the Saddle Room in the Shelbourne? It's separated from the main restaurant with a glass partition so a bit private.

Food is lovely and the lunch menu is very reasonable
    https://www.shelbournedining.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Sample-Lunch-Menu-2019.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Toscana on Dame Street can cater for it and very reasonably priced

Advertisement